Superior Canal Dehiscence

Ladygw:

I love, love, love the Pacific Northwest! We should get together and write a book! I love your sentence "Maybe this goes along with my weirdness when it comes to how fast my body seals around an injury." Many times I have separated my mind from my physical state of being in order to stay sane and in order to survive the pain.

Have you already had your Eagles surgery or is it still to come?

It is April 4th. I can hardly wait, but it is also with trepidation as I think it might not work..

Yes, I would love to put this all down in writing. How do we get together?

Thank you, wadams.

Ladygw:

After we're done with our surgeries we can iron out the details on getting together lol!

I got to thinking the other day that we are opposites in our diagnoses. You were first with your SCDS and then ES and I am the other way around! I had my left side Eagles surgery first and I'm getting ready to have my right side SCDS done. It has been scheduled for May 12th!

If there's one thing I can tell you about the Eagles surgery that you will have on April 4th Ladygw, HAVE FAITH! Please throw your trepidation out the window!!! I guarantee your quality of life will change and it will improve. Now, keep in mind this statement is coming from a woman in the grips of serious symptoms of Superior/Semicircular Canal Dehiscence.

And wadams, thank you for your comments as well! Do you have any reports, that you are permitted to share, of before and after surgery from those patients with SCDH? I have it bilaterally but my right side is the most affected and the side I'll be having surgery on. In your opinion and from your experience, do you think I'll notice enough difference from the correction on the one side that I may not need to have the left side corrected?

That sounds great. I wonder if our diagnosis, etc., are due to severity, age, ?