Surgery Date with Dr. Cognetti

Try exploring Dr Cognetti, he’s significantly more affordable, definitely not that high.

@Laurah I live near Burnaby. Haven’t heard of anyone doing the procedure in Burnaby, and actually my story is a bit longer and more complicated. If you find out the name(s), please let me know too.

Okay, thank you. I will check to see what he charges.

This is the surgeon that another surgeon’s office told me to contact regarding styloidectomy.

O. Butskiy

Oleksandr Butskiy, MD, MHSc, FRCSC

Clinical Instructor

Active Staff: Burnaby Hospital, Surrey Memorial Hospital

City: Burnaby, Surrey
Hospital Authority: Fraser Health

Clinical Office Address:
#411 5050 Kingsway
Burnaby, BC
V5H 4H2

Phone: 778.945.2959
Fax: 604.568.1842

3 Likes

Hey my surgery twin. Our time is quickly approaching and I just wanted to reach out and send my very best to you! You have been so supportive and helpful to me as well as everyone on this forum! I cant thank you enough for that. Idk what time my surgery is yet on the 28th won’t know until Thursday (I’m figuring they will call me JUST about the time I board the plane, Lol) here’s to the other side my friend ! Where I wish us less pain and a better quality of life!!!

5 Likes

@Ddmarie Thank you too for wishing us well. I am equally grateful to everyone here. I learned and benefited so much from everyone here. I do not know what time for the surgery on 28th either but I am hoping I will find out on Thursday when I meet Dr Cognetti. Wishing you the best as well. May the force be with you.

4 Likes

And also with you ! Thank you !!

2 Likes

My surgery is set for 8:30 am tomorrow. I am counting on your prayers and positive vibes. Hopefully will update you after the surgery

6 Likes

You got the positive prayers and thoughts coming your way!!! I’m glad yours is in the morning so you can get it done and rest comfortably. Tomorrow is the start of a new beginning for both of us!

4 Likes

I hope everything goes smoothly for the both of you.

4 Likes

Hi all, the operation has been successful and am now recovering. Can’t say much has changed in terms of symptoms but it is too early for that at this point. Will keep you posted as things progress.

7 Likes

So glad to hear from you already @KoolDude! Thank you for the update. Ice, pain meds & anti-constipation meds will be your buddies this week (or as long as you’re on the Rx pain meds :wink:). Ice will be ongoing for awhile.

Hoping & praying for the very best outcome for you! Glad surgery #1 is done!! :partying_face:

:gift_heart: :hugs:

1 Like

Same here my friend!! Exactly everything you said. Glad and Happy to see your update!!!

2 Likes

Happy healing Praying for a full recovery dude :mechanical_arm::mechanical_arm::mechanical_arm::mechanical_arm::mechanical_arm:

2 Likes

@Michael123 thanks, Really appreciated. Hope the same thing for you

1 Like

Hey Dee. Hows things. :hugs:

1 Like

Hey hun hanging in there. Coming out if anesthesia is never pleasant for me with the nausea. But held my own! They gave me an anti nausea patch. Pain started really kicking in last night so they have been all over with the pain management regimen. I don’t like any of it but I also don’t like discomfort. Supposed to get discharged some time later this afternoon. Super tired, didn’t sleep much. So will look forward to sleeping well hopefully I will be able to at the hotel. :purple_heart: hanging in there Eagle strong my friend :muscle: :muscle:

4 Likes

Wishing you the best recovery @Ddmarie

2 Likes

Thank you, You too @KoolDude how are you doing?

1 Like

Fortunately I am doing great. Not under much pain. Managing it with Tylenol. Not much reduction in symptoms yet but too early for that now.

6 Likes