Surgery Update!

Jules

How are you feeling? Sending you well wishes. Please keep us updated. I have to say, I feel so blessed that I found a great Doctor and my surgery was a great success .

Thanks Nanners! I'm still improving daily, today has been a really good day, nearly back to normal (pre-ES normal that is!) I'm still getting tinnitus, but the pressure I used to get every day has eased considerably- so good. I'm still taking amitriptyline until the nerves settle, and I'm getting discomfort around my jaw, and tightness, but eating a lot better now.

1 Like

Jules said:

Thanks Nanners! I'm still improving daily, today has been a really good day, nearly back to normal (pre-ES normal that is!) I'm still getting tinnitus, but the pressure I used to get every day has eased considerably- so good. I'm still taking amitriptyline until the nerves settle, and I'm getting discomfort around my jaw, and tightness, but eating a lot better now.

1 Like

I am sooo glad to hear you are doing soo well !!!!! :)

1 Like

The tinnitus may not go away, I wish that mine had gone away.

I hope you continue to improve and can finally put this behind you.

1 Like

Thanks Emma- How are you doing? The pulsatile tinnitus is definitely easier- I don't think that will go while I have the right styloid still in. The 'normal' tinnitus isn't horrendous, it gets worse in the evening, it kind of rises to a crescendo then dies down, and then rises again in waves- weird but I try to laugh at it, see what it's going to do next! I've tried listening to music on headphones, but that seems to make it worse for me.

One question- how soon did anyone else start driving after surgery? My neck feels really stiff and uncomfortable still turning to the side which was done, so I've not tried driving yet. I think I'll try some of the gentle stretches the physio recommended for my slipped disc and see if that helps.

On day four, I had to make a quick run out of town, and that was 110 miles rt. That's as much driving as I wanted to do that day.