Surgery was a sucess!

Hi All,

Sorry it's been so long since I updated you. I had extraoral surgery last July 2014 on my right side. It seriously took about 5 months before I could tell if the pain was gone because of all of the swelling and pain from the lump where the scar tissue was, but now I can see that I am feeling so much better than before. I have some speech problems because of the tightness of my jaw, but the relief from the pain is well worth it. The scar is not noticeable at all. I use Mederma which might be helping. I'll try to post some pics later.If you are in Southern California, I went Dr. Gaylis at Sharp Green La Jolla. I took a risk of facial paralysis or worse, but he was very confident in his abilities and really put me at ease, which turned out to be a great decision. So please if you are contemplating surgery to get relief from your pain, consider surgery. Your life will be changed. And if you are in my area, please see Dr. Gaylis at Sharp.

Thanks for posting! So glad you had success. gives Hope to those of us who are searching for a surgeon to help us. Blessings to you!

Yes, thanks from me too- it's so helpful to us still thinking about surgery to help us make an informed decision! There does seem to be quite a variation in recovery times, which gives us an idea of what to expect as well. Glad that it worked out well for you!

Thank you very much for the update. I’m on the fence right now regarding surgery and yourpost is very encouraging. I’m so glad that you are feeling better. Can I ask you what your initial symptoms were? Enjoy your new pain-free life.

I had a sore throat. I saw my doctor who gave me 2 anti-fungal medicines, then antibiotics. Neither worked. I went to an ENT who gave me corticosteroids. Didn't work. Went to another ENT who did ultrasound, but nothing was out of the ordinary. Finally a CT scan showed Eagle Syndrome. I had this sore throat for 4 months before diagnosis.

So Cal Char said:

I had a sore throat. I saw my doctor who gave me 2 anti-fungal medicines, then antibiotics. Neither worked. I went to an ENT who gave me corticosteroids. Didn't work. Went to another ENT who did ultrasound, but nothing was out of the ordinary. Finally a CT scan showed Eagle Syndrome. I had this sore throat for 4 months before diagnosis.

So nice to hear a follow up and glad to hear you're doing well!!! xo