Surgery with Mr Hughes London this Friday

Hi, will try to answer your questions on Mr Hughes to extent able.

So he recently decided to only operate at the newly opened Cleveland Clinic in london. Tbh I was thrilled about that because I knew it would probably cost more there. I was admitted early on operation day and just stayed one night only and it cost me a bit over £5k, which I felt was very high. I was just too unwell to wait any longer and mr Axon in Cambridge had done nothing to help me since I saw him in nov 21 and on several occasions since. I asked my Gp for NHS referral but have not even had an initial consult yet ( he sent referral to Cambridge where Mr Axon works).

I would have no hesitation in highly recommending mr Hughes for any EnT related problem and VES/Eagles issues. I think he does a lot of cancer work. The theatre team were excellent and nerve monitoring was reassuring.

My HV decompression operations and my spinal fusion operations were performed by mr Jake timothy at Nuffield Leeds. He is an excellent Neurosurgeon and while a trek up to leeds he was worth it for me. He is not ENT so does not remove styloids. He usually trims C1 tubicle to decompress JVs. In Jan 22 he did cut my right styloid for me in theatre for me on unplanned basis as both C1 and styloid were compressing my jugular vein. But He told me he had not had to do that before as he is not ENT.

I hope those answers are helpful. I don’t know what else mr Hughes is able to help with but if it’s ENT related he is a very skilled surgeon to use.

Good luck in finding the help you need. I know it’s not easy. D

7 Likes