Tooth pain

I have constant aching pain in the temple and front of head and pins and needles in the mandible. This comes and goes. But the ache is constant.

I’m sorry for your constant pain, @Hema! I know from experience how miserable that is. What are you doing to try to ease your pain? Symptoms that come & go are very typical of ES, but as it progresses, pain can become constant. I’m praying you’ll get some respite from the pain in your temple. :pray: Thankfully your appt. w/ Mr. Obholzer is coming soon.

1 Like

I am on pregabalin and amitriptyline. Just requested propranalol from the GP. It is crazy here that the nhs takes ages to sort things out. Can you read a report if I send it to you?

Are the medications helping at all? If not, has your doctor increased the dosage?

I’m happy to read your report, but I can’t guarantee I can offer any helpful insight after reading it.

Yes the pregabalin has helped with the pressure in head. I understand about the report. Just tell me whatever you understand. Also is it true that removing the whole styloid can give cervical instability? Styloids grow to compensate for cervical instability?

1 Like

Thank you so much for your prayers. Sorry was in so much pain couldnt thank you earlier. :pray:t3:

1 Like

I’m glad the pregabalin is helping w/ your head pressure. No it’s not true that removing the whole styloid can cause cervical instability. The styloid process has very little to do w/ to do w/ cervical stability. It is mostly an anchor point for the s-h ligament & three muscles.

“The styloid process projects from the inferior part of the petrous temporal bone and offers attachment to the stylohyoid ligament and the stylohyoid, stylopharyngeus, and styloglossus muscles” quote from Google.

Anatomy, Head and Neck, Styloid Process - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf.

No, the styloids don’t always grow to compensate for CCI- it’s one theory especially if people have EDS, but there are a few other causes of ES. If someone has CCI some think it could make the neck a bit more unstable but some of our members have not found this after surgery.

1 Like

Ok as i have been off balance for quite a while i was going to go and see Dr Gilete for CCI. But then this whole thing about ES and Hbs got detected, so going to barcelona has been put on a hold as i think it might be my ES causing balance issues. So i thought i should just ask you. Thanks, its reassuring to know that if i have this surgery it will not cause cci or if i have it, it wouidnt get worse. Thanks

Your off balance is likely related to vascular compression which you said hasn’t been officially diagnosed. The fact that you have significant symptoms of this problem means you should keep asking about it. Remember, a squeaky wheel gets the grease", however, it’s best to “squeak” politely & patiently but firmly.

1 Like

Yes will do. As i had mentiined back then, Mr Hughes hardly gave me any tine to ask questions. His appointments are 15 mins only. But this time I’ve got list of questions ready for him.

1 Like

Good job w/ the questions list! Don’t let him cut you short, if possible.

Oh yes ill take my hubby and son with me this time so i remain on track.

2 Likes