Treatment timeline

I see what you mean about the styloid looking a bit thicker in this image.

Getting your neck curve back takes time but there are some simple exercises that help with that. @vdm has done a lot of research on the ill effects of military neck & curve restoration. Here’s a link to some threads with good information:

If you look up exercises for military neck on YouTube quite a number will come up. The one I do to help prevent it is to lie on my back, facing the ceiling, w/ my knees bent & gently press the back of my head into the floor to activate my neck extensors (the muscles to the right & left of the neck’s center). I put my fingers on the muscles while pressing my head into the floor so I can feel whether they’re activating evenly. If they aren’t, I adjust my head position until they are. I count slowly to 5 as I press my head into the floor then release the pressure & count slowly to 5. Repeat 5-10x BUT if this flares your symptoms or causes any pain, wait to do this until your styloids are out. This exercise can also be done against the headrest in a car while driving or being a passenger, sitting in a chair w/ a high back, etc.

:blush:

1 Like