Upcomimg Dr appt

Hi so I looked at natrol online and the paper you sent on that topic. I see they have different strengths? Which dosage level have you found most helpful?

I do have NuCalm which has a Deep Sleep track that I try to use as I fall asleep as it puts body in Deep Sleep at outset. It lasts 50 mins. It does have an 8 hour program but have not used that while very unwell with ops as I know sleeping with too much trapped fluid causes Neuro damage due to desats level & pressure of fluid on brain. I do use rescue tracks to put me in theta brain waves where we recover. Also use recharge tracks to top up my sleep (20 mins track is like 2 hours sleep).

After Vodder lymph work yesterday pm (plus pmb & Bodyflow work at home) I managed 89% sleep efficiency & got 7hrs sleep, 3 hours being Deep Sleep. But right now good nights like this are vanishingly rare for me.

Let me know about dosage when you can? Thanks for help. D

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had really good results from liposomal liquid melatonin. Itā€™s a bit pricey but has been tremendously helpful for me especially when combined w/ a cortisol reducer as my cortisol level seems to peak at night while Iā€™m sleeping but is lower during the day which is the opposite of what itā€™s supposed to be. I have done a couple of 24 hr saliva tests to determine this pattern.

Hereā€™s the Amazon link to the melatonin but you can research it further online, Iā€™m sure.

1 Like

I personally always buy 5mg ones, if my insomnia is particularly bad then I would need up to 3 or even 4ā€¦Which is quite excessive but is what it is. It seems that high dose melatonin eg 20mg to 100mg has been done in multiple studies, so it seems to me it has a good safety profile. If you want more bang for your buck but not sure what dose youā€™d require, I would buy the 5mg 150 pill one and buy a Ā£5 quid tablet splitter off amazon so you could split it into 2.5mg instead of buying the 3mg 90 pills one. Bit of a faff I suppose, but I canā€™t imagine it would take longer than 5 minutes to split say 30 if required.

high dose melatonin - Google Scholar

So this is the website I buy it from, it comes from america but Iā€™ve not had to pay any custom fees or anything like that. I think it takes about 10 days to arrive.

NATROL -ļæ½Melatonin Fast Dissolve Strawberry 5 mg - 150 Tablets ā€“ Vitamin Grocer UK

Hereā€™s a list of the different ones you can get - Search: 12 results found for ā€œnatrol fast dissolveā€ ā€“ Vitamin Grocer UK

2 Likes

Fyi I think this medication named belwo might be the first medication along with potentially something called Ramelteon that could actually improve general sleep performance long term rather than just be a band aid solution like melatonin, etc. Unforunately I think the only way to access these meds is via a Japanese website where itā€™s something like Ā£200 for a months worthā€¦

Edit: I take that back, it looks like roughly 6 months or so since I came across these meds/studies India have started manufacturing it and selling it at a MUCH cheaper cost, unfortunately its sold out on this pharmacy, but Iā€™m sure it must be available somewhere else for a similar-ish price now - Ramitax (Ramelteon) - 8mg (10 Tablets) - United Pharmacies (UK) (unitedpharmacies-uk.md)

Long-term effectiveness and safety of lemborexant in adults with insomnia disorder: results from a phase 3 randomized clinical trial - ScienceDirect

ā€œThis study highlights evidence demonstrating that lemborexant appears to provide long-term benefits for adults with insomnia. LEM5 and LEM10 provided significant benefit on sleep onset and sleep maintenance compared with placebo, and importantly, the benefits of lemborexant persisted through twelve months. In addition, the cumulative response curves for sleep onset and sleep maintenance were more favorable with LEM5 and LEM10 than with placebo treatment through six months, and similar cumulative response curves were observed with lemborexant through twelve months. Together, these results indicate that lemborexant provided important levels of long-term and sustained efficacy on sleep.ā€

Effect of Lemborexant on Patient-Reported Distress About Sleeping and Interference with Daily Functioning in Subjects With Insomnia (1582) | Neurology

2 Likes

Dear lordā€¦look how much theyā€™re charging in the US in comparison to that pharmacy I just found. Daylight robberyā€¦ Amazon Pharmacy: Rozerem (Brand for Ramelteon, Oral Tablet)

I couldnā€™t see a price on the Amazon link. It only noted that in the US Rozerem is an Rx medication. Maybe you can see a price because your UK?

This is what I see for some reason

1 Like

Thatā€™s the same thing I saw. I figured it was just because Iā€™m in the US. :sweat_smile: