Waiting for UK referral

Here his contact info, @Aidan. Hope you can get an appt soon. There have been a lot of discussions about him recently. Here’s a link to one:

1 Like

thank you, very interesting articles & £5K does not really sound high to me for this Surgery at all I had thought it would have been much higher but good to know he has a new Private Clinic there in London, I recall this Doctor now I read about him some time back I regret not going to him now

2 Likes

So I just had 2nd surgery with Mr Hughes. Total bill for hospital one night stay, surgeon & anesthetist fee was £6078. Most of that is due to Cleveland Clinic hospital charges (over £3.4K). He is a very good surgeon and a pleasant doctor to deal with. Good luck. D

4 Likes

@PatientD - Speaking of which, how did your surgery go, & how are you feeling? You jumped back in here pretty quickly after surgery so it’s easy to assume all is well. Please let us know if you need some moral support or encouragement! You’ve been so helpful to many on our forum. Now it’s your turn if you want/need it.
:hugs::gift_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks :). I am doing much better than I expected at this early post op stage. All the tips from this site have helped my recovery so far. After 6 ops this year & many false dawns am hoping for the best. Next step is to hear what Mr Hughes has to say post op. Hoping his Secretary may give me some info on that tmrw. Post op swelling ok so far but aware the worst May yet come. Feeling cautiously hopeful. D :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good so far, you’re in my prayers :hugs: :pray:

3 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: swelling a bit worse now but that’s to be expected in first week post op and is nowhere near as bad as after right side op. head pressures are struggling again due to JV compression & fluid, bit like being on an aeroplane that is constantly changing altitude, but I know that should settle down too. got my op report today from Mr Hughes office and it seems like things went ok but still await his confirming if styloid was cut to skull base. am starting lymph work on Thursday which should help manage/settle fluid problems faster for me. oxygen concentrator has played up last 2 nights post op, not great timing just post op, but working to find solution. Its clear that swelling in neck/head is root cause of my desats now-its not sleep or central apnea like medics suggest/think it is. anyway all things considered its going ok at this early stage of recovery.

4 Likes

I’m sorry you’re struggling w/ low oxygen the last couple of nights. I hope the lymph drainage makes a big difference & helps significantly reduce the swelling/fluid in your neck/throat.
:heart:

1 Like

I think it’s also worth mentioning I got fobbed off by Dr Obholzer

1 Like

This is so good to hear! Wishing you even more improvements and an easy recovery! :slight_smile:

I’m sorry Dr. O is developing a reputation of uselessness for our UK members. We need more doctors who are helpful, not less!

I can endorse that Mr Hughes us a expert and helpful resource for uK members. D

3 Likes