Wild medical history leading to ES diagnosis + Lyme disease+ EDS

Dome not dime lol

2 Likes

ā€œI did not mention throughout all this time my brain fog, memory, and emotions are extremely messed up. I feel like a 90-year-old with dementia when Iā€™m actually only 21ā€.
Hello, Iā€™m sorry that youā€™re so very young and have to go through this pain and suffering! Youā€™re not alone however and I just want to tell you I have many of your symptoms, including the ones that make you feel like an ageing dementia patient. Also neck and shoulder cracking and general body aches and joint stiffness/cracking.Iā€™m much older than you (in mid fifties) but still shouldnā€™t feel this way quite yet. Iā€™m not convinced at this point it is arthritis which Iā€™ve been told since I was in my thirties. Please. I also have seen many physicians and have had several incorrect diagnoses. I just found a ā€˜new primary care physicianā€™ who doesnā€™t have any knowledge of ES or apparently any interest in learning about it. It has been a frustrating experience for years and even now after my ENT diagnosed me, Fortunately, I see a head and neck surgeon in three weeks and am hoping he can do the necessary surgery. Iā€™m happy you finally have answers as to whatā€™s wrong and can begin the process of getting back to a sense of normalcy, or as close to it as possible, very very soon. Best of luck, Iā€™ll let the knowledgeable staff here answer your specifics as I am still learning along with most new people here. Take care!

3 Likes

Hi Ann,
What type of therapy do you do for trigeminal neuralgia? My mom has that and we think it was caused by a facelift she had. We are always searching for help for he pain. She takes Lyrica 4x a day currently.

1 Like

If you need more advice for your mum, Benā€™s Friends also have a facial pain group with lots of info about different pain relief.
I take Amitriptyline for mine, although itā€™s not too bad.

2 Likes

Hi! Hope you are having an easy recovery from your surgery? Have you found some relief from your symptoms? My second surgery is next weekā€¦the source of my trigeminal nerve pain was Eagle Syndrome. The only medication that helped was steroids because my pain was caused by inflammation of the nerve and the styliod pressing into the nerve. In addition when the muscles in my face tightened my pain would flair. After my first ES surgery someone recommended myokenestic massage which was developed by Dr, Mike. You can google him. There is a clinic in Jupiter Florida now called Hunter Massage that work with this technique to release the attachments to the muscles which helps keep the muscles loose. If you would like more info just message me. The only therapist I would trust at Hunter massage is the owner Stephanie, she trains others but she is the expert at the clinic and since TRIGEMINAL nerve pain is so difficult to deal with I would only go to someone who is above and beyond the very best.

6 Likes

Thanks Jules Iā€™ll look there. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks Ann. I am doing very well with my recovery. I now have mostly good throat days about 90%. I will look up the massage for my Mom. She had a sacral cranial massage(spelling?) once that really helped her.

3 Likes

Glad you are doing well. I also use muscle relaxants to help with the tight muscles in my face and neck. The normal Trigeminal nerve medication did not work for me but they do work for some people to trick there brain to not feel the pain as much. My pain never responded to any of the normal medications. Keep healing!

3 Likes

Never thought about steroids. Iā€™ll look into that as well. Mom is 83 so not sure about muscle relaxants but I can see how they would be good for TN. Good luck with your surgery!!

2 Likes

Hi ann,

Iā€™m glad youā€™re going to have your second surgery soon.
Iā€™ll be praying for you! :hugs:

1 Like

Best wishes for your surgery, ann, God bless & will pray for you :bouquet: :hugs:

Thank you for your prayersā€¦.I am very excited to get this second surgeryā€¦.

The float tanks are really interesting. I did a few sessions and Iā€™d recommend the experience for anyone. Iā€™m not sure how much it helped with my issues but it definitely helps with the PTSD type issues and turning off over stimulation due to phones and computers. Itā€™s something that you get better at with multiple sessions similar to meditation but I had pretty amazing clarity on my first attempt. I was able to remember details of a friends house from 3rd grade that I probably hadnā€™t thought of for over 20 years. Iā€™m actually surprised it hasnā€™t taken off more. We have a couple of places here that offer it but theyā€™re pretty expensive. If I had the room and money Iā€™d love to have one at the house.

3 Likes

Good luck with Dr. Hepworth. Iā€™m considering traveling to Denver as well.

1 Like

I love a bit of sensory deprivation, me. I felt enormously elongated and that i was moving all over the place. But i wasnā€™t. I think my brain was feeling for a body that it was getting zero feedback from. If you did it, make sure you have zero messages coming from your gut. No hunger, trapped wind etc. Actually, wind would make that an entirely different experienceā€¦

2 Likes

I could not get my neck comfortable in the tank, and just couldnā€™t seem to find a comfortable temperature. Did not feel sensorily deprived! :slight_smile:

I need more people to chime in saying how much a sauna helped so I can tell my wife itā€™s essential for my recovery :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For me nothing relaxes you more. It does make you feel drained, but later on after using it you get more energy and for me my pain is more bearable when my body is relaxed

1 Like

I finally have a surgery date with Dr Hepworth may 18ā€¦however their is some confusion about getting a ultrasound at vascular institute vascular says Hepworth has to order and Hepworths office days vascular does weird

Idkā€¦ I did it day of my appointment with the Nurse Practitioner. Itā€™s kind of annoying cause I had to reschedule my flight for the next day because they said I need the ultrasound from this place and thereā€™s no where else that does it how they wantā€¦