2nd opinion involving ES and cervical spine

Jjay,

Dr. Chan has turned away several of our members who did have ES. We don’t know what criteria she uses to determine what is ES in her mind. I suspect her definition is limited to a few basic symptoms, & if those are absent, she will not diagnose it.

If your neuro AND radiology reports say you have ES, you can bank on the fact you have it. There are currently no doctors in TX that I would recommend. You could see Dr. Milligan in Phoenix, AZ, or Dr. Nuss in Baton Rouge, LA. Farther from you is Dr. Samji in CA. Dr. Samji will do a 45 min. video consult for about $500. Your health insurance may help pay for that. If you don’t mind posting a 3D image of your CT scan (Making Your Own 3D Images from CT Scan- 3D Slicer Tutorial), we can also give you a non-medical opinion. If you’d rather not post on the forum, you can send them to me in a PM.

It has been postulated by @Calebp that the cervical spine can respond negatively to pressure by elongated styloids & thus the natural curve of the cervical spine can be lost as the body compensates for pressure placed on the nerves & vascular tissues. Though we don’t have any research info to this end, it does make some sense as our bodies will go to extremes to try to correct a problem that is causing pain & undo stress in a given area. TMJ seems to go hand in hand w/ ES as well as jaw misalignment which some of our members have suffered. Those go back to physical response to intense nerve irritation caused by ES. I believe if you had your styloids removed, it would help your jaw & neck to at least some degree. If nothing else, having them out would free you up to have PT for those areas without creating more problems due to those spikes being in your neck.

I hope some other people will also give an opinion.

1 Like