6 yrs 24/7 facial pressure, diziness, ear fullness, painful hands, etc. Does this sound like Eagle's?

Just popping in for a quick update. Seems like finding a surgeon / doctor who is familiar with Eagle’s is going to be quite difficult, these have been my experiences so far:

• GP: never heard of it
  • neurologist: knows about it, but only from his studies, no practical experience
  • ENT 1: knows something about it, but has no clue about venous compression
  • ENT 2: same story like ENT1, furthermore was unable to interpret / read my CT angio
  • neurosurgeon 1: never heard of it
  • neurosurgeon 2: knows about it, thinks it’s called Eagle’s because the 2 styloids look like an eagle (funny), acknowledges that there is narrowing / compression of the veins, but dimisses it as “you were born this way, it’s not a big deal, etc.”

I’m going to a few more appointmens soon and I think eventually I will either go to Dr. Ladner that @Isaiah_40_31 mentioned earlier or to a specialized center for rare diseases that is in a city close by.

PS: the second neurosurgeon noticed reverse lordosis in my cervical area, as you can see on the CT one of the veins is compressed by the C1, I wonder if the lordosis worsened over the years and contributed / caused the vein to be affected. The neurosurgeon suggested going to a physiotherapist. I am open to the idea, but I think the chance of physical exercises, etc. shifting the bones enough to relieve the compression is very slim.

Anyway thanks again for the all the help and suggestions to everyone.

3 Likes