Applying for disability

Good Day,
I have been struggling with ES symptoms my entire life but only was diagnosed around 3 years ago when I had my first seizure. I have always struggled to work and stay well for long periods of time and have often struggled with depression and anxiety. Lately, I am fed up with these frequent migraines and my IBS is constantly triggered. I’ve deceased to start the process of applying for partial disability. Has anyone successfully been awarded disability either partial or full? Please, any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.
-Adro

Hi Adro!

Good to have you back again, but I’m sorry that your symptoms are so bad. Have you had ES surgery? If not, getting your styloid(s) removed would likely reduce or cure the symptoms you mentioned. The fact you had a stroke is alarming as that possibly indicates your styloid(s) are causing compression of your internal carotid artery(ies) in which case it’s fairly urgent that you consider having one or both styloids removed if you haven’t done so.

If you’ve had your styloidectomy(ies) & are still so symptomatic, it would definitely be worthwhile getting a new CT scan & seeing a different doctor for an opinion. Dr. Costantino in NY is very experienced w/ vascular ES & would be a good resource for you if you’re able to travel.

I’m sorry I can’t answer your question about receiving disability as I have no experience w/ that. Hopefully someone with experience will reply.

2 Likes