Been a long journey surgery coming up for jugular vein compression. Need advice!

Anytime that you can get a second opinion, it can help. However, finding someone who does skull base surgery who can give you an equal level of attention is what you want if you can find someone. The time frame for recovery from the skull base to hyoid bone removal is appropriate. Depending on nerve involvement, it could be a bit longer or a little shorter. Comolete healing actually takes months to a year, but getting back to life is about 6 -8 weeks or a bit less.
Concurrent surgeries is way too risky and I dare say not recommended, but that would be between you and your doctor. I cannot imagine having had both my external surgeries together
Both my external surgeries were from skull base to hyoid bone completely.They were done beginning 5 years after one intraoral that was never completely successful and caused me much more pain overtime.

Sunday will be my 2 year anniversary of my first external surgery and close to 18 months since my second exterenal and I have most of my life back.  My worst side involved damage to my  accessory nerve and sternocleidomastoid muscle and digastric muscle in my jaw. Had those muscles and the nerves not been affected, I would be still feeling like a 40 year old. 
 However, I am very close to getting there and here to say that surgery has given me great hope.

This forum will help to make future diagnoses of Eagles, more quickly ascertained and provide quicker relief and less complications to others.
Eagles is not that rare, it is just now being located and imaged properly thanks to 3D technology and we are benefitting. Forums like this one and others are changing the minds of doctors and putting so called rare syndromes and diseases on the map.
I wish wonderful healing and your doctors skillful hands.

2 Likes