Best Wishes for those having surgery next week!

Hi! I am okay. There is definitely still swelling both at the scar and inside. Swallowing is still not back fully, it is a bit better, but it is my biggest frustration. It helps that nothing is poking me. My back of my neck still aches the way it did before the surgery. My most noticeable progress is that I can sleep more comfortably. I didn’t realize I was limited to my back before the surgery until just a few days ago when I woke up on my stomach. My optimism comes and goes. Today is a good day. I hope it is a good day for you!

I am in the same boat as you - my optimism comes and goes. I was hoping for more progress by now (3.5 weeks since my surgery).

slbdc1 said:

Hi! I am okay. There is definitely still swelling both at the scar and inside. Swallowing is still not back fully, it is a bit better, but it is my biggest frustration. It helps that nothing is poking me. My back of my neck still aches the way it did before the surgery. My most noticeable progress is that I can sleep more comfortably. I didn't realize I was limited to my back before the surgery until just a few days ago when I woke up on my stomach. My optimism comes and goes. Today is a good day. I hope it is a good day for you!

Be patient- I didn't seem to be making much progress- weeks 4/5 were actually a bit worse, but this week (wk 7) I've had completely pain free days, first time in I don't know how long!! The scar's a little tender, but that's it. I'm thinking I might see what happens if I reduce the amitriptyline as I've not felt up to reducing it until now.

Thinking of you!

Thanks for the advice and encouragement, Jules. Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery, going forward.

Jules said:

Be patient- I didn't seem to be making much progress- weeks 4/5 were actually a bit worse, but this week (wk 7) I've had completely pain free days, first time in I don't know how long!! The scar's a little tender, but that's it. I'm thinking I might see what happens if I reduce the amitriptyline as I've not felt up to reducing it until now.

Thinking of you!

Yes, thanks Jules! We are so lucky to have this group...I can't imagine going through this without everyone! Have a good weekend.