Best Wishes for those having surgery next week!

If I've remembered the dates right, I think there's several members again having surgery next week, bear_Al, Ivy and slbdc1! Sorry if anyone's been missed out? So wishing you all the best for the op, and praying that it all goes well and you recover quickly!

Please keep us posted and let us know how you get on!

Thank you so much Jules! Hope everyone else does well too. I will post something when I can...

Thanks! June 3 for me. I’m a little nervous but feeling grateful. Will keep you posted

Good luck to all of you who are having surgery. I hope that you all do as well as I did with mine on May 13.

Wishing you all the best of luck!!!!

My prayers are with you. I am two weeks post-op and doing really well. Since the styloid was so long (6.5 cm removed) I had a lot of pain due to stretching of the neck. Internal stitches are nearly all gone and I can swallow without choking!! Still have minor things but the surgeon believes things with improve with time. I pray all of you having surgery have the same success!

Positive thoughts and energy and prayers to those having surgery soon, and for those who recently had surgery as they recover!

Thank You so much...I'm having my surgery tomorrow Monday 1st or Tuesday 2nd June. I'm very scared, of cuourse for the surgery process but especially for the result! To have relief after surgery... Thank all of You., Agnes

My first one three years ago was a complete success and it was done externally. This second one two weeks ago was much longer and difficult to get out, but two weeks post-op I am doing very well with that terrible feeling of something in my throat gone and my constant sore throat gone! Working through the small stuff but I'm sure you will have success. My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow Agnes.

Good luck to you too, Agnes, and let us know how you do! Praying for all of you!

Thanks, Jules. I am slowly recovering.

Al

That's good news!

Hi all. I think I responded to an old post just after I returned home. I think I am doing well after my Friday surgery. The doc said my styloid was 5.5 cm long. How long before the lump in your throat goes away and things stop getting stuck? Do people do physical therapy after? Maybe my styloid was there too long? I see him Thursday. I suppose I could email him. Sorry for the anxiety…that’s where I am.

Hi:

It's now 9 days since my surgery at Jefferson, and I still have significant swelling and a lump in my neck. I had my post-op with Dr. Cognetti and he said it will take time to get back to normal. Fortunately, I am able to eat my regular meals.

Al

Glad that you can eat, and hopefully Dr Cognetti was able to reassure you about the swelling. It is difficult to be patient, if you've been waiting for surgery and in pain for a while, and hoping that you'll see instant results, only to find more waiting is needed....she says, speaking from experience!! Thinking of you, and hope that the swelling soon goes down.

Thanks for your concern and support, Jules.

Dr. Cognetti did mine Friday (5 days ago...) I have the exact same thing, a lump with some food still getting caught. We corresponded by email and I see him tomorrow. He said it takes time. I suppose the biggest hurdle is behind us...!

Best wishes for a fast recovery. The left side styloid Dr. Cognetti removed was 5 cm. long. Please convey my regards to Dr. Cognetti. Let's continue keeping in touch since we have the same doctor and similar post-op experiences.

slbdc1 said:

Dr. Cognetti did mine Friday (5 days ago...) I have the exact same thing, a lump with some food still getting caught. We corresponded by email and I see him tomorrow. He said it takes time. I suppose the biggest hurdle is behind us...!

Thanks you too! I would very much like to stay in touch. It was my right side, 5.5cm. I am in the DC area not Philly, we just went to see him. So far so good. Happy healing bear_Al.

Hi slbdc1:

How are you doing? I hope you have made progress. I am continuing to heal, but very slowly. I still have swelling and discomfort, but no significant pain.

slbdc1 said:

Thanks you too! I would very much like to stay in touch. It was my right side, 5.5cm. I am in the DC area not Philly, we just went to see him. So far so good. Happy healing bear_Al.