Botox in Digastric or Stylohyoid Muscles?

It’s one of those things I think that works for some & not others!
@Leah posted this:
Newbie… This seems to be me as well. Would love input on my x-rays - Symptoms and Treatments - Living with Eagle
& @Snapple2020 has tried botox too:
Connection between Eagle and TMJ/bruxism/clenching/tight SCM? - General - Living with Eagle
Does Eagle’s make TOS worse? - General - Living with Eagle
BUT, @akc posted this info in a recent discussion:
‘If I may offer a suggestion. Most people don’t know that botox can cause very serious issues. It doesn’t in most people. But has a black box label for the few of us who do. One round of botox for migraine and cervical dystonia took me a year to get “over” but has left me with some potentially lifelong impacts.
I don’t say this to scare or even put you off of trying it. It helps many many more than it hurts and you need help. I am so sorry that surgery has not helped you at all.
The one bit of advice that I would offer, is to ask for a baby dose of it the first time. You may not get as much benefit in the first round because of it, but if you are going to have a bad reaction to it, it will hopefully be smaller than it otherwise would have been because of the lower amount used. And 3 months later they can increase the amount.
I hesitated to write this, but I wish someone had suggested this to me. So please take this with the good intention I send it with. I had no idea and just blindly trusted that it would be fine, or that at worst I’d feel a bit rough for the first couple of weeks (my Dr did warn me of that as a possibility - but only of that…)’
There are some other mentions in discussions too, if you search for ‘botox’ it comes up with lots, hopefully you can message those members & find out where they got their injections…hope this helps!

2 Likes