Cervical instability / tmj issues

hi everyone. do you think cervical instability or tmj issues( if any ) should be diagnosed/ treated before es surgery ? thank you

Very often, symptoms that seem to be caused by TMJ are really caused by elongated styloids so I’d say wait on TMJ treatment until your styloids are removed.

As far as CCI goes, if you haven’t been diagnosed with it yet, it’s probably worth getting an upright MRI done by a lab or clinic that knows how to test for CCI so you know if you have it or not. However, as bad as your symptoms are it’s a tough call to decide if CCI testing should come first or styloidectomy. If it was me, I’d get the styloidectomy first to see which of my symptoms went away or reduced, but you need to decide based on what feels right to you.