Chattering teeth

Has anyone noticed having a trembling jaw? When I close my teeth slightly, my teeth clatter. Like a muscle spasm. It is happening right now while I have a lot of ringing in my ears and tightness in my face. This all makes me so sad and discouraged…

I tried to do this just now, and yup, about a quarter to a half an inch before my jaws are closed they do, however it has honestly never bugged me, and I would assume that people without eagle's could have this happen. A bigger concern of mine is that I grind my teeth in my sleep, which always makes my symptoms worse. Unfortunately jaw guards while they work, I end up spitting them out so I can breathe. I have a very very badly deviated septum so only one of my nostrils works. Your profile pic looks like that of a medical professional btw! lol.

I have the clenching, grinding problem as well. I’m trying really hard to stop it. I also have a sensation like pop- rocks in my mouth -strange but not painful.

BTW - I’m a real estate agent. Not quite a medical professional. :slight_smile:

I'm not a hundred percent if grinding my teeth is related to eagle syndrome. My mom unfortunately passed from cancer when I was 21 and as far as I know that's when grinding my teeth started, and I was diagnoses with eagles 9 months later.

P.S. Would totally buy a house from you lol.

. The trembling is probably from the muscles not being happy if you have TMJ. Another thing that happened to me was that the Eagles had grown so large in my tonsil region that my bite had changed. So I got a bite guard before I had the Eagles surgery. My trembling went away only to come back after surgery. I then had to have the bite guard adjusted. So I suspect the Eagles could actually be your problem.

My problem from the beginning has been an underdeveloped jaw bone on one side that I think possibly caused inflammation over the years, possibly contributing to the Eagles, so I will always need a bite guard.

I conclude that either Eagles or TMJ or both can cause the trembling because it stresses your nerves and muscles.

Not a professional, of course.

I have TMJ symptoms along with bone growths. The bone growths are called Tori and they take up a lot of room in my mouth but my oral surgeon said that I have enough space in my mouth. I originally had braces as a teenager because of my narrow bite. I’m sure my bite is very different now too. I don’t feel comfortable closing my mouth fully and that seems like it would cause stress on the joint. Thanks for the info. It really helps to hear your stories. My husband doesn’t seem to grasp this at all! Feeling alone at home with this diagnosis.

Wow! You were young to lose your mom and get diagnosed. Sorry about both.
Thanks for the vote of confidence LOL

LivelyCadaver said:

I'm not a hundred percent if grinding my teeth is related to eagle syndrome. My mom unfortunately passed from cancer when I was 21 and as far as I know that's when grinding my teeth started, and I was diagnoses with eagles 9 months later.

P.S. Would totally buy a house from you lol.