Cold Feet!

I have cold feet about my surgery tomorrow !!!

I woke up this morning and have absolutely ZERO symptoms, ears feel fine and I am not dizzy anymore !!!!! Ha Ha Ha ........Just Kidding!!! Ears are ringing like a freight train, wobbly down the hallway, feel off balance.....just a normal Sunday morning for this guy :o(

Plane leaves in 4 hours to start my journey to San Jose. Get in about 4:00 or so........then off to the store to load up on food for me for the week that I spend down there.

I will make sure to get some Doritos and Crunchy Enchiladas for my first night's dinner. :o)

Well......I will give updates when I am feeling up to it and I have tempered my expectations as to not get the wind taken out of me again.

For now.....I am going into "Cricket" mode and will say a prayer for everyone else who has a chronic ailment.

Peace out,

Todd

Lol!!! At your first night's dinner.

Sounds like you are all flared up :( ....... Use that as your motivation to getting this done!! That's what I did!

When Dr. Samji asked me right before they wheeled me in if I was ready to do this. I told him I would be a liar if I said I said I wasn't nervous but I knew I couldn't live like this anymore!! He said Yep, it's time!!

You can totally do this!! One evil "tusk" going down!!!!! :)

Praying for a safe flight, relief and a speedy recovery!!! :) :)

Take care my friend,

Sheila

I wish you the best! I think I am looking forward to your results! I think you're in good hands, so sit back, relax, and enjoy your flight (and surgery)!

Good luck Todd. Like Sheila said “That fang bone is coming out!” I just knew I had no other choice. Sheila, I’m so glad to see things are going well for you. Onward!

Sending positive thoughts for healing

Polly

Good Luck Todd,

You deserve any relief this surgery brings, and I'm sure it will be substantial relief. Start practicing your "Happy Dance".

By the way, what type of "soda" pairs well with Doritos and Crunchy Enchiladas? :)

Red Pill

Good luck, Todd! I'll be praying for you. Relief is coming!

Good luck Todd!

Good luck! Your symptoms are way too familiar to me. I will be anxiously awaiting your updates.

Good luck The stuff they give you to calm you down before surgery is amazing ,you will be happy to go in at that point lol

Hopefully your first night's dinner will include some veggies, at least a spinach dip! That's the Mom in me speaking...

Seriously , try not to load up on too much salt right before a surgery, as it may lead to some swelling and/or water retention, especially if docs are doing your surgery in "internal method" as opposed to externally. Also, foods like chips and such may feel like a lead balloon mixed with the anesthesia, so at leat the night before surgery try to eat a bit lighter fare of something a bit more healthy for you. and if surgery is internal, you may scratch the throat tissue as sometimes happens with corn chips and sharper snaks like nuts.

I have had at least 9 surgeries for various issues throughout my life, so I speak from experience.

Let us know how you are doing! GOod luck! Nothing after midnight remember even plain water (hosptial personnel NEVER told me this and my firsvery first surgery I had small sip of water and threw up coming out of anesthesia) .

BTW has anyone had BILATERAL surgery AT THE SAME TIME? that is both sides being done within the same surgical procedure?

also wanted to let everyone know that Johns Hopkins is NOT takin gon patients as they feel "it's too hard to diagnose Eagle's syndrome" I thought they were joking, how hard is it to do an xray and see the problem?! Really, I am a lay person and can see it on imaging...

Cathy

I've got cold feet about my surgeries too... but it really does give you relief... BUT everyone is different... I got both sides done and was sooo much better... I got my tonsils out which helped a ton! An your body tricks you like that... "feeling" better... but My personal opinion... you will bet relieved... going through with it... as far as being dizzy... did they do the eye movement thing with you> because I haven't been as dizzy as I use to be... My equilibrium was off when my neck calcified the first time...

Wish you well and a full and prompt recovery. I'll be praying for you.

Please, keep us posted as soon as you can.

Diana

Best wishes and prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Prayers for a successful surgery and pain relief! “Take It Easy” as the Eagle’s Song goes during your recovery period! :slight_smile:

I had both sides done intraorally and they had to take my tonsils out at the same time.

Cat said:

Hopefully your first night's dinner will include some veggies, at least a spinach dip! That's the Mom in me speaking...

Seriously , try not to load up on too much salt right before a surgery, as it may lead to some swelling and/or water retention, especially if docs are doing your surgery in "internal method" as opposed to externally. Also, foods like chips and such may feel like a lead balloon mixed with the anesthesia, so at leat the night before surgery try to eat a bit lighter fare of something a bit more healthy for you. and if surgery is internal, you may scratch the throat tissue as sometimes happens with corn chips and sharper snaks like nuts.

I have had at least 9 surgeries for various issues throughout my life, so I speak from experience.

Let us know how you are doing! GOod luck! Nothing after midnight remember even plain water (hosptial personnel NEVER told me this and my firsvery first surgery I had small sip of water and threw up coming out of anesthesia) .

BTW has anyone had BILATERAL surgery AT THE SAME TIME? that is both sides being done within the same surgical procedure?

also wanted to let everyone know that Johns Hopkins is NOT takin gon patients as they feel "it's too hard to diagnose Eagle's syndrome" I thought they were joking, how hard is it to do an xray and see the problem?! Really, I am a lay person and can see it on imaging...

Cathy

I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Thanks for the info- I had tonsils out @ 31, trhush afterwards, Doc told me, "Maybe the instruments were dirty!" Didn't sit well with me! I have heard/read somewhere, that a tonsillectomy can be a precursor to causing the calcification found in ES! How many here had tonsillectomies prior to ES dx?

Cathy

Just to help Cat out here, I found this article: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3191668/

...which has the following paragraph buried in it:

"Eagle's Syndrome that follows a tonsillectomy procedure is characterized by symptoms of dysphagia, pain, referred otalgia, dysphagia and foreign body sensation in the pharynx.2,4 Healing tonsillectomy scar tightens the mucosa across the tip of the elongated styloid process.2,4 Upon normal function such as yawning, eating and swallowing, the movements of this mucosa across the styloid process give rise to symptoms.2,4"

A second article that I read was this PDF file link: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CGoQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhrcak.srce.hr%2Ffile%2F17589&ei=8LqBUpe1M6PeiALmsIHoCg&usg=AFQjCNHc4cwsLxWxWTVV_5hTTR7m9ftQBQ&sig2=fkRMvk-CN_oRPoHiJfJEsg&bvm=bv.56343320,d.cGE

and in that link, this paragraph:

Briefly, Eagle's two original cases were as follows:

The first was a female patient, aged 31 years,

who had felt pain for eight years in the left side of

the neck, which radiated to the left middle ear and

tip of the left mastoid. The symptoms occurred

immediately after tonsillectomy. Following the

operation during which approximately 2 cm of

the left styloid process was removed, immediate

improvement occurred.

I hope everything went well with your surgery yesterday. I also havd surgery yesterday to remove my right styloid proces. My doctor said everything went really well and he got more than he expected. Im not in to much pain just a little when I swallow. I am curious what the typical recovery time Is? My doctor is telling me I will be off work for about a month.

thanks Tee, are you on any other sites? I know another "Tee!"

Cat