Colorado Doctor?

Hi gamerchic,

So glad the additional problem was caught! It’s not unusual for the jugular veins to be compressed by elongated styloids, but your compression is rather significant. You should find a huge change for the good once those styloids are “outta there” & your jugular veins can flow freely again. It’s great you’re receiving such expert care. You are indeed blessed!

:blush:

2 Likes

The only thing is that according to what I was told my issues are separate. I have elongated styloids yes but they said the jugular vein narrowing is apart from that I guess? Someone in another support group called it jugular stenosis.

Hi,
From what I understand it can be from different causes. Internal jugular vein stenosis is a term to describe narrowing of the vein which can happen by itself or be due to the styloid (or something else) compressing the vein. Your further testing will help to tease out where or what yours is coming from and thus how to treat. It can be frustrating but hang on, you are on the right path to recovery…:purple_heart::sunflower:

1 Like

WOW I just want to say thank you for this thread. I live in Denver and have (sort of) been diagnosed with ES but the guy who diagnosed me had only done 2 ES surgeries and they were on much more obvious cases (complete calcification of stylohyoid). I’ve been sort of pursuing a consult with Dr. Samji, but I have Medicaid so my surgery likely wouldn’t be covered and honestly his staff have been pretty terrible to me so I’m leaning away from going that route anyways. Will be calling Dr. Hepworth ASAP!!!

1 Like

kittchenita - I’m sorry to hear about how you’ve been treated by Dr. Samji’s staff. That’s not good news. The experience I had was they were professional but not terribly personable. Dr. Samji, however, is pretty great.