Any members from Texas plz add me for discussions

I have only found one person on here that has had surgery done. Are there any other members in Tx w ANY experiences?

Yes, I'm from Texas--San Antonio. I had surgery to my left styloid three years ago. I will be have the right side on May 15th. My husband is retired military so my surgeries have and will be at SAMCC which is an Army Hospital. The first surgeon I had wrote an article on Eagles Syndrome for a medical journal back in the 90's. The surgeon who is performing it this time is training up in it but in his 22 years has never seen one. I have great confidence as these military surgeons are trained in may aspects in case they do run up against rare things such as Eagles Syndrome.

Thanks Frannie.... I live in Del Rio and will be traveling to SA to hopefully get the surgery with Dr. Newman since UTHSC refused to do it. I am hopeful that more people will answer this thread to give me any experiences on the doctors in SA. I am in the process of getting referred to Dr. Newman but it has been a disaster doing so.

I wish you the best. I know it is hard to find surgeons who know what ES is! Like I said I was so blessed to have a Head & Neck surgeon who knew what ES is and can performed the surgery. My surgeon this time is Dr. Newberry. I will let you know how the next surgery goes. Hopefully recovery will be quick. Take care.

I am from WA, have had intra oral on both sides. Dr. Futran at the University of Washington in Seattle was great; my issues are gone.

However, I also had surgery on both sides of my head for Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome, and now am having to return to repair tears in the dura matter. The cranial sacrial fluid is leaking from holes and coming out my nose. I have my opinion on the cause, but will wait.

My eagles surgery was a success; no more pain, choking, etc. It took awhile to heal of course, but even then the pain was gone almost immediately.

If you are looking for a dr. in Texas, perhaps Dr. Futran's office can help the search. Anybody who calls them can use my name.

Thank you so much Ladygw for your experience. Wow and good luck on any new help you get

Update: Dr. Richard Newman, San Antonio, TX, I was told, sees patients with Cancer only!

I had a hard time getting the referral from my pcp (pulled teeth) only to find out Dr. Newman will not see me.

I will try the doctor in Allen, TX now, PLEASE, IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANYONE ELSE IN TX THAT CAN DO THIS SURGERY PLZ LET ME KNOW....