Confused about Cleveland clinic!

I had surgery with a doctor in Cleveland… I just got my CT scan today last one was 2 yrs ago. He supposedly was supposed to take off my styloid at base on left side. It is STILL present!!! Pissed is not even close to what I am feeling!!! I am supposed to get my right one done. I won’t be if he isn’t gonna do it right. I have so many symptoms still it is unreal!
So now I have original left styloid present minus the calcification of the stylohyoid ligament and calcified stylohyoid ligament and styloid process needing to be removed. My symptoms are insane, huge long list. It is now causing other issues like dysautonomia symptoms, tachycardia, migraines, occipital neuralgia, SEVERE neck pain both sides, visual issues, dizziness, severe brain fog.

I left message with him. I know they can grow back but it looks the exact same as before surgery. So I doubt it grew back that fast.

I’m so sorry that happened to you, @Carabear708!! We’ve had several members over the last couple of years who’ve had similar outcomes w/ other doctors. Makes me mad that doctors don’t level w/ their patients & tell the truth w/ an explanation as to what they really removed & why the surgery wasn’t done in the manner promised.

It sounds like you have vascular ES symptoms, with either internal jugular vein or internal carotid artery compression. To get the best surgical results, you’ll need to see a doctor who’s familiar w/ VES so the surgery is done w/ an eye to making sure the vein(s) or atery(ies) that are compressed re-open once styloids & other possible adhesions are removed. Are you able to travel out of state for surgery?

I can’t travel. I have a sister thats disabled and it is hard to find coverage for her if my husband is needing to take me out of state. I am going to call dr old at osu and see if he will help me. I have read good reviews.

1 Like

We are seeing members with regrowth after 2 years, that does sound pretty excessive though! So sorry that you’re struggling with some nasty symptoms, especially if you have caring responsibilities…hope that you get somewhere with Dr Old :hugs:

@Carabear708 - We did get a great report about Dr. Old from a Facebook post one of our members shared a couple of years ago. I hope you get much better results from him.