Counting down to my appointment

Hi you all
I’ m new here and i’ m glad i found this site/forum. I’ m from Belgium and it seemes to me Eagle syndrome isn’ t know by many doctors or people.
Had my ct scan.
Tomorrow i will see doctor De Ridder - Gent - again & then i will know for sure i have ES or not and what he is going to do about it or about all of my symptoms i’ m struggling with for about 8 years. However as a kid i had also problems and pains which maybe can be related to ES.
It’ s unbelievable how many people have this illness. So if someone here with ES is from Belgium, i’ d like to get in contact. If not, all your stories are helping to get information and insights. Thx

Hi Lien!

We’re so glad you found us & have been helped by the information here. Please let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow. I hope your doctor knows about ES & is able to help you.

I’m sorry you’ve suffered so long. It is time you got some answers.

I’ll say a prayer for you to get some helpful information from your appointment tomorrow.

:hugs:

1 Like

Hope that you get answers from your appt.- let us know how you get on!

1 Like

The word is out: ES styloids left and right 4.1 centimeters long and calcified. Surgery will be done first on the right side because the pain is there the worst and also my symptoms such as less visability, pain in the eye, jaws, ear,… clusterheadache on that side.
My doctor is looking for a great and experienced surgeon which he trained years ago. If not experienced enough, he will do it himself in a couple of months. Have to be brave and must have patience.

1 Like

Hi Lien!

That is wonderful news! Your symptoms sound very miserable. I escaped having headaches as an ES symptom but did have all the pain you’re experiencing so I can empathize with you! I will be praying for the surgeon to be located quickly so you can move ahead with surgery & get to recovering soon!
:bouquet:

1 Like

I hope you continue to enjoy life’s little treasures on this long road to recovery. Getting a diagnosis is half the battle.

Peace,
BG

1 Like

Good that it’s confirmed & that you have a plan…hope it’s not too long to wait, hugs in the meantime…

1 Like