CT Scan Scheduled for tomorrow!

Finally got the call from the radiology department at my local hospital that I am authorized for the CT Scan w/o and with contrast.
SO excited beyond words!
Can anyone let me know what to expect with the CT scan? Never had one with or without contrast…

It’s fine, the scanner for the CT is just a ring which passes over your head, it doesn’t take long like an MRI does. The dye they use for the contrast is usually put in a cannula in your wrist, it can make you feel a little funny- they warn you it might make you feel like you’ve wet yourself, but I didn’t have that!
If you have vascular symptoms when your head/ neck are in a particular position, it would be worth asking if they could do the contrast part like that to show any compression better.
Hope it’s all okay…

2 Likes

Oh yikes…
For some reason, I was under the impression that the dye they use is taken orally, like a solution that you swallow but seeing as it would need to be seen in the veins the cannula makes more sense.
Does the dye make you feel loopy or is it more of a weird bodily feelng? I have a tendency to freak out at foreign body feelings so I’m hoping I will do okay with this.

I had one with contrast many years ago for a hockey injury to my ribs/abdomen. I don’t remember it being a big dea, just remember it felt warm and tingly… And I was super glad they told me about some people feel like they wet themselves, totally felt like it to me and I would have freaked out had I not been informed.

Good luck!

2 Likes

No, not loopy at all, just warm…

1 Like

Hope it all went well Becccca! let us know how it went and what you found out.

1 Like