Dentistry. and. ES

Today i went back to dentist my toung is still numb and burning after haveing crown put on over two weeks ago. To my surprise the dentists took time out and did research on there own about ES. They are thinking that the numb toung mayb related to ES. They got this new x ray thing in few days ago and wanted to see this for themselves. There mouths to the floot and ppl walking by stoped said holy cow what is that!! Clear as bell beter then contrast ct was my ES total calssified and back in feb was only particle classified. So to all wondering if ES can cause numbing of toung with burung like cinnamon dumped on toung the answer would be yes.

Yes, it can cause numbness on the tongue, as nerves can be compressed. Several people get the burning mouth too. Was it a panorex/ panoramic x-ray? That does show up ES well- that's how mine was spotted. Can you get a copy to take if you go back to see an ENT doc again?

Yes they gave me copy of the picture it is very clear so clear that my 11 year old could see it no problem. I had diagnose of ES in February they saw it with contrast ct scan the ent i saw saw it to it was particle classified then now it total classified. Iback at squar one i can’t even drink now so how long can i go without food or water is the question i don’t have insurance now and i do not have the 3,000 required for me to take the trip back to the ent!

I have ES and BMS (Burning Mouth Syndrome.) I am sure there is a connection between the two. I can relate to all the comments on this site. Having these conditions makes it so hard to live a "normal" life. It can be a day to day struggle for many of us. Having a tooth pulled recently triggered terrible nerve pain that lasted for over two weeks!! Hoping each day finds you getting/feeling better. Please keep us posted.

I'm sorry that things are getting worse again Gods Blessing- you've had so much else going on too... Praying for you x

Mialynn
Have you gotten any medication for your BMS? I was reading about that and that sounds like what i have i had some gabitian i have been scared to try but tonight the pain i just can’t take it no more. I had no problems takeing it now.

I don't take any meds for my BMS. One doctor put me on Lyrica but it had horrible side effects!!!! It started about five years ago and it did go away once for a few months but then it returned. Mornings are ok but it gets progressively worse as the day goes on. By dinnertime it is terrible!! Everyday I take a powdered aspirin at 6pm just to try to ease the pain and burning. I also take a low dose of Xanax (for anxiety) twice a day & it seems to calm it down a bit. There is an online support group also & I get info from there. Hopefully what you have is temporary due to your dental work. Anxious to know how your meds work. Please let me know. Stay strong!!! Hugs! (I post on both sites & hope I am not repeating myself here as sometimes it gets confusing)…Having ES & BMS…. UGH!!!!!

Thank you no you not repeating yourself. Yes i notice morrings is best and yes by dinn time it horribul i have tried that nerve fix it nit wirking i in vitmen b complex been on that for 4 years now for my feet. Last night i could not take the pain no more i gave in took that gabitian generic for nuroughtion 300mg. I got up this morring called my family dr to see if i could go in for the pain they were sooo rude to me they said dr refuses to open a emergancy apt for me to be seen and funny how all sudden she says i have nothing on my chart about es. Unbelivbul because i been going to him for iver 15 years. I called the ent i saw in north carolina and talk to on call dr who told me i neeeed find dr in MI where i live and asked me if i was aware if the serious side effects of that gabitian. I said yes but the pain so bad i can’t take it no more. So i back to no hope. I have 9 kids my husband works i stay at home mom. This new market place ins is crap i can’t afford the 500 a month they want me pay for ins. So i have no ins i do not have any money to travel no place. My husband only get paid twice a month. We luve check to check. I now to the point of giving up. I have no hope i been at this since Feb. Now it got worse with this toung. I can’t drink now since Feb till now i been living on soup like cambles tomatoe. On occasionally i was able to eat shreded chicken because i have feeling of food being stuck. Two months ago i had to have my gullblader out i had gotten stones they belive from me not eatting. Now i have this. Today i feel it over i can’t fight this pointless battle. Nothing helping i have no place to turn.

Reply by Isaiah 40:31 9 hours ago Delete

I'm sorry you couldn't have your surgery earlier when you were scheduled for it. Gabapentin (Neurontin) side effects aren't necessarily terrible and that was wrong for the doctor's office to make it sound like they would be terrible. My mother was on Gabapentin for quite awhile for nerve pain, and she had no side effects, and it did help her.

It is in times like these that you totally need to lean on God and trust Him to carry you. I will be praying for you to be able to do this and that you will feel His presence with you. I will also be praying for financial provision for you to have surgery.

You must have lost lots of weight since you haven't been able to eat for so long. You might want to get some Ensure to use for meals to keep enough calories in your body. It comes in lots of flavors now. You could also start making yourself smoothies with full fat yogurt, ice cream, milk, fruit/veggies and protein powder. It is important for you not to starve or get too dehydrated during this waiting process.

My heart totally goes out to you, God's Blessing. I can imagine how frustrated you must be & how helpless you must feel.

Love and a hug to you!

For my BMS I was on Lyrica...nothing...helped me...the only thing helpes a bit is Klonazepam...I rely wish my symptoms will go away....since I do had this burning sensation from my ear,toungue, down the neck and throath....so many symptoms----just fed up with this....hugs...was reading that some people have this also....and BMS with years ets better,my is getting worse,,,like that styloid is growing over the time and presssign on all sort of nerves....also numbnes of toungue...at night...which makes me mad...becaue it wakes me up...so bad sleeping because of all this......

Gods blessing said:

Thank you no you not repeating yourself. Yes i notice morrings is best and yes by dinn time it horribul i have tried that nerve fix it nit wirking i in vitmen b complex been on that for 4 years now for my feet. Last night i could not take the pain no more i gave in took that gabitian generic for nuroughtion 300mg. I got up this morring called my family dr to see if i could go in for the pain they were sooo rude to me they said dr refuses to open a emergancy apt for me to be seen and funny how all sudden she says i have nothing on my chart about es. Unbelivbul because i been going to him for iver 15 years. I called the ent i saw in north carolina and talk to on call dr who told me i neeeed find dr in MI where i live and asked me if i was aware if the serious side effects of that gabitian. I said yes but the pain so bad i can't take it no more. So i back to no hope. I have 9 kids my husband works i stay at home mom. This new market place ins is crap i can't afford the 500 a month they want me pay for ins. So i have no ins i do not have any money to travel no place. My husband only get paid twice a month. We luve check to check. I now to the point of giving up. I have no hope i been at this since Feb. Now it got worse with this toung. I can't drink now since Feb till now i been living on soup like cambles tomatoe. On occasionally i was able to eat shreded chicken because i have feeling of food being stuck. Two months ago i had to have my gullblader out i had gotten stones they belive from me not eatting. Now i have this. Today i feel it over i can't fight this pointless battle. Nothing helping i have no place to turn.

I have found new chiropractor he sees all the nerves compressed by these styliods he doung special adjustments to get these to move at this point i don’t care if he breaks these things allready praying for mericle!

So, Gods blessing you did not had the surgery yet...or they only trimmed the sytliods? Thank you ...take care xxx

Gods blessing said:

I have found new chiropractor he sees all the nerves compressed by these styliods he doung special adjustments to get these to move at this point i don't care if he breaks these things allready praying for mericle!

I have never heard of this type of approach regarding ES. Did you show him your medical records? Cat Scans or X-rays, etc? Wondering how he can "see" the nerves? Anxious for your next update. So sorry you are going through such a rough time and will be praying for you.

Gods blessing said:

I have found new chiropractor he sees all the nerves compressed by these styliods he doung special adjustments to get these to move at this point i don't care if he breaks these things allready praying for mericle!

I am so so sorry I know how painful this is...I am batteling it for some years now....and there is no cure for BMS just very strong medicine if it helps...ask your friends o help you...maybe they can....you cant go on like this.....poor you hang in there.....I wish I could send you somemoney ..believe me I am also in very bad financial situation......hugs
Zdravka said:

For my BMS I was on Lyrica...nothing...helped me...the only thing helpes a bit is Klonazepam...I rely wish my symptoms will go away....since I do had this burning sensation from my ear,toungue, down the neck and throath....so many symptoms----just fed up with this....hugs...was reading that some people have this also....and BMS with years ets better,my is getting worse,,,like that styloid is growing over the time and presssign on all sort of nerves....also numbnes of toungue...at night...which makes me mad...becaue it wakes me up...so bad sleeping because of all this......

Gods blessing said:

Thank you no you not repeating yourself. Yes i notice morrings is best and yes by dinn time it horribul i have tried that nerve fix it nit wirking i in vitmen b complex been on that for 4 years now for my feet. Last night i could not take the pain no more i gave in took that gabitian generic for nuroughtion 300mg. I got up this morring called my family dr to see if i could go in for the pain they were sooo rude to me they said dr refuses to open a emergancy apt for me to be seen and funny how all sudden she says i have nothing on my chart about es. Unbelivbul because i been going to him for iver 15 years. I called the ent i saw in north carolina and talk to on call dr who told me i neeeed find dr in MI where i live and asked me if i was aware if the serious side effects of that gabitian. I said yes but the pain so bad i can't take it no more. So i back to no hope. I have 9 kids my husband works i stay at home mom. This new market place ins is crap i can't afford the 500 a month they want me pay for ins. So i have no ins i do not have any money to travel no place. My husband only get paid twice a month. We luve check to check. I now to the point of giving up. I have no hope i been at this since Feb. Now it got worse with this toung. I can't drink now since Feb till now i been living on soup like cambles tomatoe. On occasionally i was able to eat shreded chicken because i have feeling of food being stuck. Two months ago i had to have my gullblader out i had gotten stones they belive from me not eatting. Now i have this. Today i feel it over i can't fight this pointless battle. Nothing helping i have no place to turn.

I have not had any surgery for ES.

Mialynn he is a special chiropractor he has a speical machine to see those nerves there was lady inside she herd me talking and told me she had onset of vertigo and this chiropractor cured her and saved her life most chiropractors just due the basic adjustment or ones that are afraid to touch you but this guy is goood since i saw him on sat i am starting to allready feel some relief he said it going to take time but dose belive it will work he acculy feels the stoid and i lay down on my side and he pushes on the styloid and in quick motion push fast to get it to move and adjust my neck. I aslo been useing biotine jell on my toung it for dry mouth and this antibacteria mouth wash and biotine tooth paste as well when my toung feels the sores i use extra strength orjel.

This sounds like very promising news for you!!! So glad you are getting some good results so far. Trusting your doctor is half the battle! Yes, I use everything Biotene but never heard of the gel before. I will look into it asap! Looking forward to your updates. Stay positive!!!! Hugs!

Gods blessing said:

Mialynn he is a special chiropractor he has a speical machine to see those nerves there was lady inside she herd me talking and told me she had onset of vertigo and this chiropractor cured her and saved her life most chiropractors just due the basic adjustment or ones that are afraid to touch you but this guy is goood since i saw him on sat i am starting to allready feel some relief he said it going to take time but dose belive it will work he acculy feels the stoid and i lay down on my side and he pushes on the styloid and in quick motion push fast to get it to move and adjust my neck. I aslo been useing biotine jell on my toung it for dry mouth and this antibacteria mouth wash and biotine tooth paste as well when my toung feels the sores i use extra strength orjel.

Hi Gods blessing,

I sure hope the chiropractor can help you. I haven't heard of that before, so please keep us posted. I do want to express concern though about the possibility of breaking the styloids because I am worried that pieces of bone in that area filled with nerves may be dangerous. So hopefully the chiropractor is looking out for that. But I hope that you can find some relief until you are able to get a surgery.

Gods blessing said:

God's blessing has not had surgery. She had it scheduled but it didn't work out.

Zdravka said:

So, Gods blessing you did not had the surgery yet...or they only trimmed the sytliods? Thank you ...take care xxx

Gods blessing said:

God's blessing - Have you tried drinking Ensure to help with your daily calorie needs. It's been a long time since you've really been able to eat. I'm sure you've lost a lot of weight which would have potentially caused the gallbladder problems as your doctor told you. When you make yourself smoothies use whole milk, full fat ice cream or yogurt and some fruit or veggies and protein powder. These things will help you get enough calories so you don't get malnourished. Also make sure you're drinking a lot of water as getting dehydrated can cause your symptoms to be worse. If you don't like plane water you can make herb tea or use the flavored drops that are now sold to add to water. I know swallowing is hard for you but little sips every few minutes during the day will help.

I am so sorry your surgery appointment didn't work out earlier this year. I will be praying for God to somehow supply your financial needs so you can try the surgery option again. Glad you're getting some relief from the chiropractic adjustments.

eHug to you!

Zdravka said:

I am so so sorry I know how painful this is...I am batteling it for some years now....and there is no cure for BMS just very strong medicine if it helps...ask your friends o help you...maybe they can....you cant go on like this.....poor you hang in there.....I wish I could send you somemoney ..believe me I am also in very bad financial situation......hugs
Zdravka said:

Gods blessing said: