Dr. Hepworth Question

I finally have my first appointment with Allison Love in two weeks. For those of you who have seen her and Dr. Hepworth, I’m curious is they gave you anything to fill out ahead of time? I haven’t heard anything from their office about this so I’m not sure what to expect from this initial appointment or how I should prepare. Any insight anyone can provide would be appreciated! Thanks!

4 Likes

Allison is great but her and Dr. H move really quickly. I’d write out any questions you might have. I know I’ve gone into meetings with doctors and been overwhelmed and forgot to ask about several things. It’s also great to have someone else with you. The brain fog and focusing issues associated with ES can make it even worse.

4 Likes

@stuuke thanks for the warning and the advice. Unfortunately I’m doing this trip solo so I won’t have anyone to go to the appointment with me but I’ll do my best to prepare and stay focused.

2 Likes

I was given an ipad then many pages of questions to answer. My own history details and family. Really good questions.

Alison is so busy she didn’t even introduce herself. But completely nice, friendly, and so knowledgeable.

3 Likes

I do agree with the others. I think most important is to have CT and MRI scans with you that are already done as well as your medical reports.
Writing your questions down is always good help. At the end of the appt I also got a letter with instructions for patient where all the disussed questions and next steps were nicely written down and explained. Really appreciate their care.
During my stay Dr. Hepworth and Alison arranged a jugular Ultrasound appt very short term at Health Images Cherry Hill. That all worked out very nice. Both are also very understanding, absolutely nothing to worry about.
Wishing you good luck for your appts and safe and smooth travels.

3 Likes