ES Information: Common Symptoms And Possible Explanations For Them

Thanks a lot @Isaiah_40_31 im just dreading the thought that i might need another revision surgery later and how ill cope plus its a lot of money.

@Hema - My best advice is not to worry about the future. Stewing about something that may never happen is a waste of time that could be spent being emotionally at ease. Take one thing at a time. The revision surgery may never be necessary.

2 Likes

@Isaiah_40_31 yes i totally agree and i hope that happens. But when i listen to Debbies story, I get worried as shes had so many big surgeries and it is a scary thought. But thanks some positivity is all I need and deep down i know that Mr Hughes has offered a good option so mentally getting ready to accept it. You, @Jules and @PatientD have been very kind and answered all my questions. I am so grateful for that. Bless you all lovely souls :pray:t3::two_hearts:

2 Likes

@Hema - Debbie’s health history is very different than yours & in some ways more complex than yours so that’s why she’s had so many surgeries. She is getting better gradually & will hopefully see some significant changes once her styloid is cut back closer to the skull base.

1 Like

@Isaiah_40_31 I have tagged you in my images. Please have a look. Do you think I should go for another opinion and see Axon or just accept the surgery that Hughes has to offer. I am only asking for an opinion. Thanks :slight_smile:

@Hema -
I had 2 opinions before I decided on a doctor to do my ES surgery. I chose the doctor whose surgical technique made the most sense & sounded the most thorough & even thought the doctor who diagnosed me was willing to do bilateral surgery. The diagnosing doc didn’t have a good surgical strategy, in my opinion, based on what I’d learned from this forum.

Mr Axon is a skull base surgeon, so he wouldn’t be able to help you with your hyoid bone issue, just the styloids. So you would presumably still have to see Mr Hughes for the hyoid bone surgery if you want to get that resolved too,

1 Like

In that case it only makes sense that I accept Hughes’ offer and then deal with whatever comes next at a later date. As kind @Isaiah_40_31 mentioned, I might not need another revision surgery. Who knows!

2 Likes