Has anyone reversed calcification of stylohyoid ligament with K2?

Has anyone been able to reverse calcifications on their stylohyoid ligament(s) with k2?

I’m sure you’d need to have older imaging, take k2, and then compare again.

If you’ve had success with this, how long did you take k2 before you noticed a difference?

Vitamin K is used by the body to help the blood clot. Warfarin is used to slow blood clotting. By helping the blood clot, vitamin K might decrease the effects of warfarin. Be sure to have your blood checked regularly. The dose of your warfarin might need to be changed.

I’d be cautious of using it with vascular variant of Eagle’s.

3 Likes

I’ve been taking K2 for going on 8 years to help my bones absorb calcium to prevent osteoporosis, & it has done nothing as far as reducing calcification in my body. I haven’t ever heard of it helping reduce calcification. I have arthritis that has been undeterred by my K2 ingestion & is continuing to advance. I feel like that’s one of those “cures” that sounds too simple & good to be true, but that’s just my opinion based on my experience.

3 Likes

I always wondered if k2 could make eagles worse as it takes calcium and deposits it into the bones. I know it’s good for the arteries but by keeping calcium from the arteries and depositing it into the bone does it cause calcification of the styloids especially if you get high vit d through diet or supplementation :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Good question, @11bravo! All this body chemistry stuff is so complicated, & what’s good for one person may bad for another i.e.“One man’s meat is another man’s poison”.

1 Like

On the other hand, some other studies didn’t find any difference in coagulation after using K vitamin

1 Like

Well that is disappointing, so you take Vit E with it? I started a pod cast the other day and I’m sure it said that if you supplement with Vit. D it cancels out the K2. And you need the K4 and K7. You need Sun and light bulb vit D. Yet I just ordered a book and I’m sure the back said to supplement with Vit D🤔

3 Likes

I’m taking just Vit B - expecting that it will help to regenerate damaged nerves a bit faster

3 Likes
2 Likes

@vdm, Thank you for posting this link! Super interesting information.

I’ve had the CT scan this DC recommends twice, 5 yrs apart. My calcium scores are low but not 0. Perhaps I can attribute my decent (for my age) calcium scores to the fact I’ve taken K2-7 for the last 6 years plus I’m very active. Unfortunately, I had to add a statin for high cholesterol two years ago (maybe that explains why my score was a little higher in the second scan, but again, I was also 5 yrs older). I’ll have to do some sleuthing to see if I can find out how much the statin is affecting the action of the K-2 in preventing vascular calcification.

1 Like