How long where you in the hospital

Hi Im new to this site and was diagnoses on 9/19/2013 and will be having internal surgery soon. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long you stayed in the hospital, what was your experience? theres probably a forum for this but i didnt see it thanks in advance have a great day and god bless.. also my surgeon is Dr chetan gujrathi has anyone used him?? thanks

Never heard of him. Make sure you are comfortable with him. Ask him how many surgeries he has done. What is his success rate, if he gives you evasive answers, you might want to think about it a little longer. Some have had to have more than one surgery. Internal surgery may be outpatient or overnight depends on the doctor, usually outpatient.They say it is like a tonsillectomy. Expect to be on liquid diet for at least 2-3 weeks. then slowly getting better. The recovery is

not smooth. You might feel good at about 3 weeks and hit a wall for 6 -9 more weeks. I am serious make sure you have a good surgeon. Others in AZ have had surgery. I am attaching a spreadsheet with some names, I am not sure if anyone from AZ is on the list. I think there may be one other one in AZ. If you can open excel spreadsheets check my list. These are the doctors that have operated on our members successfully since the beginning of this forum.

If you do the surgery with Dr. gujrathi, and he does a wonderful job, we all want to know about him so we can add him to our list. No matter what you do, we pray you will do well and get better soon.

I had the internal and it is about 85 % successful, but I have some ear pain often anyway and neck pain, maybe from a bad cervical disc that was irritated during surgery. I am still trying to find a doctor to diagnose that and see if it is a recurrence of ES or not. My surgeon will not reoperate. He does not feel he can do any better for me. However, I may find a surgeon who will if I need it. Want to check out the cervical disc first.

488-EaglesSyndromeDoctors.xls (34.5 KB)

thank you for your reply and I hope you find a doctor to help you soon. I am very scared to be having surgery. and you just helped me ease that a bit, I red your list and Dr Milligan works out of the same office as Gujrathi so im assuming he may know something about it. I meet with him again soon and I will be asking him all kinds of questions. Have a nice night God bless

Katpoo,

Dr. Milligan is AMAZING and he only does the external route. He has done several of us on this site. I chose the external route due to the fact they can see everything and get more of the styloid or all of it if it is pressing on your internal jugular vein.

Dr. Milligan is one of the founding members of the Barrow's Skull base surgical team. I would recommend seeing doctor Milligan before you have the surgery. The incision is small in a crease and disappears over time. I was out patient. I will be having my left side done after the first of the year. I had two major surgeries 3 months apart and it has taking a toll on my body so I am going to let it heal. Otherwise I would have the left side done sooner.

Good luck and keep us posted

katpoo99 said:

thank you for your reply and I hope you find a doctor to help you soon. I am very scared to be having surgery. and you just helped me ease that a bit, I red your list and Dr Milligan works out of the same office as Gujrathi so im assuming he may know something about it. I meet with him again soon and I will be asking him all kinds of questions. Have a nice night God bless

Update on surgery. I will be having surgery on october 15th

Good luck on your surgery, katpoo. Did they tell you if you'd be staying overnight in the hospital? I did both times, but I don't think it was necessary. It could easily be a same-day surgery if you have people to take care of you that night.

They said it depends on what time I get out of surgery they plan on taking my tonsils out too. and were talking about taking my thyroid as well. The first ent I saw said it is possible I could have cancer on my thyroid

Also before y'alls surgery if you had it yet did they tell you not to take anything other then tydenol for pain? It sucks for pain management