How to decide about surgery?

Hi jeffdw,

As far as carotid compression goes, you would have pretty specific symptoms that would alert you to something “bigger” being wrong. Symptoms can include visual changes on the side that is blocked, fainting (due to blood pressure drops), TIAs, headaches & vertigo. The vagus nerve plays a major role in managing blood pressure so your bp could be elevated due to your ES irritating your vagus nerve. I had the opposite problem where my bp would bottom out when I was doing aerobic workouts, & I would feel like I was going to pass out. BP issues can also be hereditary & unrelated to diet & exercise. I have recently been diagnosed w/ high cholesterol. I eat a clean diet & exercise diligently. In my case I know this is a hereditary issue because as both my parents aged, they ended up w/ high cholesterol. I’m not happy about it but it is what it is. Both BP & cholesterol issues can be treated w/ medication.

Thank you, only a few more days to wait, i’m having surgery on 4th August.

2 Likes

Thinking of you…will pray for it to go ahead this time, & obviously for it all to go well… :pray: :hugs:

1 Like