Hyoid bone and cartilage

I’m trying to learn about Superior thyroid cornu syndrome and enlonged hyoid bone. Can you please help me? Here is my pictures

Hi @Eagle_Anna, I hope you are doing ok. There are quite a few syndromes that are related to Hyoid bone and Thyroid Cartilage. There are some explanations on this thread (Looking for investigatory surgery in the UK - Any recommendations? - #21 by KoolDude)

Please read the whole thread and see if you find some similarities. I think this will give you an idea to start with.

Also try to do the self test listed in here and see if you can document your findings (Looking for investigatory surgery in the UK - Any recommendations? - #24 by KoolDude)

1 Like

So it seems like there has to be a clicking sound when swallowing

Well typical symptoms include swallowing difficulty and clicking but hyoid bone could also impinging blood vessels such as Carotid or Jugular Veins in rare cases. So it really depends. The first picture you provided does show a shift of the Hyoid bone to right and the right hyoid bone Cornu seem bit longer and closer to the Vertebrae.

What are your symptoms? Do you have more CT scan images to look at? Hard to conclude anything from the 2 images you provided.

1 Like

My symptoms Are pain in back of the mouth. I think it’s the best pictures I have.