I am hoping this is my issue 🙏🏼

Hi everyone

Just curious to know in America would my imaging be classed as quite severe compression?

I’m just so scared that this is all an incidental finding and not in relation to my horrendous head, ear, presyncope and visual symptoms.

Think I am looking for some reassurance as Mr Axon said it all depends on whether I am jugular or non jugular dependant and catheter angio will help confirm this. Although he was very interested in my vascular ultrasound results which showed high velocities in right ijv at area of compression and the jugular vein goes down to 1mm at this level

I would say this is 100% your issue. Looks like you have some serious compression there. Again, I am not a doctor, but I feel your pain. When is your appt again? Friday?

1 Like

YES Yes yes …YES

Hi Natty,

Your compression would definitely would be considered severe by doctors in the US, & the more experienced ES doctors here are generally more proactive in a case like yours. I’m sorry you’re locked into an inefficient medical system in the UK. Is Mr. Axon having you do follow-up work w/ him? I’m sorry I’ve forgotten. Based on your symptoms alone, I feel he should have recognized that your jugular compression is at fault here. I would keep pursuing whatever testing you think Mr. Axon would need to prove that this compression is the cause of your problems.

1 Like

I can’t open the scans. but can only say from your symptoms how frustrating this waiting is for you, & don’t understand why they’ve changed protocols as they never used to do all this testing. I guess something you could ask…
Thinking of you, such a long wait, especially when you’re feeling so rough. :hugs:

1 Like

Hi Natty,

I’m going to revise my point of view just a little to say that we’re a bit narrow-minded on this forum. We see in a scan what we expect is causing a person’s symptoms, but we see with tunnel vision because we only know some basic problems/causes of ES. Trained medical doctors have a much broader perspective of the potential causes for a given set of symptoms, so they aren’t quick to jump to conclusions (like we are) about what is causing the symptoms. They want to be thorough so testing & waiting on the patient’s part follow until the doctor deems the proper diagnosis & course of action has been discovered.

Sorry that wasn’t very concise & maybe even a bit confusing. I hope you understand what I was trying to say.

2 Likes

Thanks hun. I’m hoping I’m on the money here. Yeah this Friday. Will keep you all posted x

2 Likes

@Isaiah_40_31 thank you. I completely understand what you are saying. They can’t just jump to conclusions without all of the evidence first.

I’m kind of just praying this is it, because if it isn’t then I am at a complete loss for the cause of all of this. It’s nearly 3 years of chronic symptoms and just ready for some answers/diagnosis now. That would be a miracle in itself :pray:t3::pray:t3:

I was looking at my Ctv and my right styloid actually glides past my carotid artery slightly. Only small compression in neutral but still interesting as it comes in to contact. Whereas the left styloid goes no where near the carotid as I scroll through the slices. Red arrow carotid and yellow styloid

Thanks Jules for your well wishes

I’m really not sure all I know is Mr Axon now has to follow a strict criteria for his patients to go through before they even consider surgery.

Hopefully I have a chance :pray:t3:

2 Likes