I'm really in a bind here

I’ve posted here before. I’m still waiting on my appointment with the nearest ent who knows anything about eagles but I’m having a new problem. I suddenly developed head pressure extreme insomnia. I’ve been going to hospital after hospital trying to figure out whats wrong they just treat me with migraine meds and send me home. Finally I googled eagles and insomnia and its ijv compression. I have no idea what to do. I can’t get doctors to take me seriously. I have an appointment with my nurse practitioner. Im gonna beg her for a ctv of my head and neck and ask that she make the radiologist look at my jugular veins. I feel so hopeless right now. I don’t know how long I can keep my sanity without sleep.

If you can get a head and neck CT with contrast, that will hopefully show the IJVs and whether there’s any compression. I did find that sleeping propped up a bit helped me with the head pressure, I used a wedge pillow with another couple of pillows on it as well.
Hopefully others can chip in with their sleep tips, I’m guessing you’ve tried breathing exercises and relaxation etc? Muscle relaxants have been mentioned to make you sleepy too…
I hope that you find something which works, sending you a hug :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks for your help. Its so frustrating that most doctors dont know about this disease and all the problems it can cause or they don’t care to. Thankfully both my nurse practitioner and rheumatologist are wonderful. I’ll get through this somehow.

2 Likes

I did have a cta and I posted photos but I’m not sure if it was timed correctly to see ijv or not. It also shows the bed I was laying on in the 3d reconstruction which is frustrating. I don’t know how to get rid of it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@rebelscum44 -
When you get your CTV, make sure to ask for it to be done dynamically i.e. w/ your head in different positions - looking up/down, left/right, on the diagonals as head position is important can determine whether or not compression shows up. Often scans done w/ head in neutral (facing the ceiling) won’t show compression where it will show up w/ the head in a different position.

1 Like

Thats good to know. You guys are life savers :heart:

1 Like

Hepworth used jugular ultra sounds for me (I had already had the other scans) to check for jugular flow. He has only 2 places that he uses for it (he has trained them to do it). I’m not sure what is special about how he has it done.

2 Likes