Intra-oral surgery revision needed?

Hi!
Your styloid as well as being a bit longer than average, is very wide too, so not surprising that you have symptoms again…It does seem possible that a revision surgery might help, but I don’t know if Dr Cognetti is perhaps the right surgeon for this, as he also shortens the styloids & doesn’t take the styloids right back to skull base. We’re not doctors here, so you’d need a medical opinion, but looking at the image, it seems that there could be compression right at the skull base as there’s quite a bulge there, so ideally a doctor who takes the styloid back to skull base might be a better option for you?
Here’s the Doctors List:
US Doctors Familiar With ES, Current List - Symptoms and Treatments / Doctor Information - Living with Eagle
There’s a couple of doctors in Florida who have done surgeries fairly recently ; Dr Jeffrey Scott Magnuson, or Dr Rui Fernandes.
Otherwise as far as I’m aware, Dr Jason Newman in PA does take the styloids back to skull base, & is experienced, or Dr Trevor Hackman in North Carolina. You can search the discussions for any doctor to see what members’ experiences are.
I hope that you’re able to get a revision surgery done…

1 Like