Jugular Dysautonomia

Well, typically in the sagittal images that face opposite directions since the 2 images were facing in he same direction, I thought they were only left side or right side but not both. If that is case then, they appear to be of the same size more or less. You just have a long narrowed segment on the right side which could be due to muscle compression in addition to the C1 & the styloid.

Since the circulatory system is interconnected, you are right to assume that any compression could potentially have cascading effect on other vessels. So all these systems can be potentially affected. I do have Severe bilateral hearing loss on the high frequencies. For example, Nearly half of the people suffering from Jugular compression have hearing loss. The number is even higher than 50% for folks that have bilateral compression of both jugular Veins which you and I fall according the studies below. So if you have venous congestion, all kind of weird symptoms from tremor to ataxia, to weakness and stiffness of the muscles are too common. I hypothesize that this has to do with congestion of the blood in the higher upper cord affecting the spinal code and potentially cerebellum circulation as well.

In addition to tinnitus, hearing impairment or dizziness were reported in about ¼ of patients, suggesting also blood flow circulatory disturbances in auditory-related structures - https://atm.amegroups.com/article/view/65337/html#B14

3.2. Clinical features

Prominent clinical symptoms of cervical spondylotic IJV compression syndrome in the present study were as follows: head noise (33/46, 71.7%), tinnitus (32/46, 69.6%), insomnia (31/46, 67.4%), dizziness (25/46, 54.3%), hearing impairment (22/46, 47.8%), headache (18/46, 39.1%), visual impairment (16/46, 34.8%), dry eyes (16/46, 34.8%), uncomfortable neck (14/46, 30.4%), vertigo (9/46, 19.6%), anxiety or depression (9/46, 19.6%), memory deterioration (5/46, 10.9%), and nausea or vomiting (4/46, 8.7%). Other atypical symptoms included head numbness, palpitation, fainting, and dyspnea, each of which occurred in only one patient. The median number of manifestations was 5 (IQR, 4‐6) for the involved patients. Cervical spondylotic internal jugular venous compression syndrome - PMC

Source Study: Cervical spondylotic internal jugular venous compression syndrome - PMC

1 Like