JUGULAR Eagle Syndrome

Hii there!!!
Yesterday got Surgery and my styloid was affecting my ijv and also lymph node was affecting my ijv and a fully trained Surgeon did my procedure by transcervical approach…
Feeling much better today is day 2…
Gen. Shoaib Ahmad An Ent Surgeon HOD OF ENT WARD CMH RAWALPINDI…

2 Likes

That is really great news!! I’m so glad you found a surgeon who knew how to do the right surgery to help you! I really appreciate you sharing his name & will add it to our Doctors List.

Recovery can be a bit up & down after ES surgery so don’t be discouraged if you feel better some days then worse others. Over a period of some months you will feel better & better.

Please keep us informed about how your recovery is going. We’re here to answer questions you may have, too!

2 Likes

Hii there!!! Today is just my 2nd day from Styloidectomy…
Just after surgery I found that my enough head pressure has been released but 2nd day I noticed swelling to surgical site and pressure is again increased to the previous head pressure before Styloidectomy…
Is it normal I am 1 day post operative from Styloidectomy???

1 Like

Glad that you’ve had surgery! It’s completely normal to have swelling post surgery & that will affect the head pressure too…swelling peaks at about 3-5 days so it may worsen before it gets better, keep icing your neck ( wrap icepacks in a towel) if you can, & rest/ sleep propped up, that will help. Some doctors put a drain in to help with swelling, or otherwise prescribe steroids. The steroids might be an option if you get alot of swelling?
Hope things go well for you :hugs: :bouquet: :pray:

2 Likes