Moving Day

Ugh. I thought I would have a lot more done. They are having to pack a lot more than they thought they would (the movers) and I had to stop and lie down because I feel like throwing up. I’m in a lot of pain. This is not something I would advise anyone to do 3 weeks post op. Especially if you have stairs.

3 Likes

Hi, Token! Take lots of 10-15 min breaks if you’re able. Once everything is in the new place, just unpack slowly. I hope you have someone to help you. When I’ve helped others move, the first thing I do in the new place is get their bed ready and bath necessities. After a long day, the last thing a person wants to do is make up a bed and search for towels. Maybe your helper(s) could do this for you!

Be easy, my friend!

3 Likes

So sorry that you’re having to do this so soon after surgery, thinking of you & sending you a very gentle hug :hugs: As @Tjmhawk01 says take it as easy as you can with the unpacking, & hope that you feel better soon!

1 Like

Tough times continue for you, tokenegret! I hope once the move is done, you’ll have some time to relax & recover w/o pressure. I hope your dog is happy in your new digs & it’s a breath of fresh air for you, too.

I’m praying for your symptoms to settle & healing to get a strong foothold! :gift_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks you guys!
They underestimated the job (I told them I have lots of stuff) but at almost midnight my time, we are close to done!! Yay!
Solo is staying at his favorite boarding place until tomorrow. I think he will be very happy with his new back yard. We are way out of the city center, and it is much quieter.

3 Likes

@tokenegret,

I hope you’re resting well today. Time for some catch up in that arena! Let us know how Solo likes the new yard & especially how you’re doing once you catch up on some rest.

Oh my. I woke up this morning and my heart rate was 110. Laying in bed.
Took my meds, drove in to get solo and came back and crawled into bed. He loves his new backyard- he’s not sure how he feels about the stairs in this house, but I think he’ll get used to them.
I’m in slightly less pain than yesterday- I could barely walk last night, every inch of my body hurt. Today is a little better.

3 Likes

Rest, my friend, as much as you can over the next week. You’ll regain any recovery ground you lost that way. :hugs:

1 Like

I can’t eat solid food without feeling nauseous. I’m in a completely new environment. Solo keeps bumping into things on his blind side. I’m out of pain meds and crying brings on what feels like first bite.
The movers left 3 closets and the bathroom. This sucks.
I really can’t describe the jaw and neck pain.

Is there anyone who can come help you get the boxes moved around & unpacked so you & Solo feel better about your new place?

Please call your surgeon’s office tomorrow & explain the situation w/ your move, & the added pain it’s caused, & ask for another round of pain meds. In the meantime, try Advil, Motrin or Aleve if you can tolerate ibuprofen as they’re anti-inflammatories. If you can’t take ibuprofen, try Extra Strength Tylenol. If you can take both ibuprofen & acetaminophen then you can alternate Advil & Tylenol more frequently than if you’re taking only one of those meds. I would ask your PCP or surgeon the best way to manage doing that.

Ice is still fantastic helper & head elevation may still be necessary. I’m sorry about the situation w/ your stomach. Sounds like your vagus nerve is in rebellion but it could also be related to all the stress you’ve been under w/ the move & everything else. I just replied to @syrup about making blender meals to help manage throat pre-op throat pain. That might be something you need to do for awhile till your system gets sorted out. Try staying very hydrated as that may also help your stomach & FBS symptoms by keeping your stomach acid & saliva more dilute.

I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you. I’m praying for that. :gift_heart: :hugs:

Glad you have your doggo back & that he likes the new yard…but so sorry that you’re in so much pain. I hope that you’ve been able to get some more pain meds, & hope that you have a friend who can come & help. Sending you a gentle hug & will keep praying :hugs: :pray:

Sorry I haven’t been on here for a while, sounds like you have your hands full, with moving the dog and recovery, hopefully now your in your new home you can get back to recovery again, although I’m sure your anxious to unpack everything, take it slow it’s not going anywhere, I had to switch surgeons as Omlie is no longer allowed to do Eagle surgery Ugg so I’m back in the waiting game, good news is if I don’t do much of anything I have my symptoms fairly under control.

3 Likes

@Millymay - one of our members who had recent ESsurgery w/ Dr. Omlie said he told her he’s not out of the ES surgery business but that it’s temporarily on hold while some board or other reviews the efficacy of the surgery. He intimated that he expects to be doing it again eventually. That time is, however, unknown at this point.

3 Likes

I’m having FB pain now looking at a menu. LOL.
It’s been a horrible month, but getting steroids for the swelling and doing gentle PT. I love my new house, so that’s nice.

2 Likes

:rofl: That’s a first, but made me laugh! FBS when looking at a menu! - though I can see how it could be a trigger especially when you’re really hungry! I hope the FBS pain goes as quickly as it came. Remember to drink a lot & keep your saliva dilute as that will help. The steroid may also help reduce the FBS symptoms.

AWESOME that you love your new house! It won’t be long before you can start enjoying it!!

:blush: :gift_heart:

2 Likes