Surgery Done Today

This post has been removed by the user.

3 Likes

Dee1976 -

HOORAY that your annoying symptoms are already gone! That’s such a relief immediately post op!!

I love that you have a faithful pooch to keep you company! I was dogsitting my mother-in-law’s dog when I had my first ES surgery & he behaved the same way - wouldn’t leave my side. I loved the company!

Thank you for sending such great pictures. The sutures in your throat look amazing. They’re so tidy! Your pain & swelling will get worse over the next week so take your pain meds on schedule & suck on popsicles, ice chips, etc., Whatever you can to “ice” your throat as that will help w/ inflammation. I hope your surgeon gave you something to help keep the inflammation at a safe level.

I will pray that your pain stays at a tolerable level & that you heal quickly!

:hugs: Sending a gentle hug!

1 Like

That is excellent news! I hope you also have a family member or friend there to help you so you can just rest for a week or two & let someone else do the busy work. :wink:

1 Like

my husband is here, and my mom is staying a few days so that we both aren’t off work :slight_smile:
you are never too old to want mommy when your ill lol

3 Likes

I’m glad you have good & faithful help. I agree w/ you about having mom around to help. Sadly my mom is gone. :cry:

1 Like

Well done you! So pleased to hear that you’ve noticed some improvements already, that’s great! And an amazing doggy to keep you company along with hubby & mum! Hugs to you, & will be praying for you. :bouquet:

1 Like

Yay!!! So happy to hear that your symptoms are gone. I have to day scrolling down and seeing the inside stitches made my stomach crawl but it looks good. That’s great that your mom is there.

Sending hugs

2 Likes

I had my surgery yesterday too. I had external and the left side only. In 3 montgs we will do,my right. Sending healing vibes. Take it easy and use all the help you can get.

3 Likes

I love the pictures! I really like your “nest”. Don’t leave that spot much for the next week or so. For me, I didn’t want to leave my nest for two weeks. I ate all 3 meals there. I did shower and move around some but I kept landing back in the nest. Take it easy, baby bird!

3 Likes

Adding my hoorays an yippees for you! I’m waiting for doctor right now to hopefully get diagnosis and it’s delightful to hear of people on the way to recovery. I can see myself there one day, but I am glad it is you today!

2 Likes

UPDATE…POST OP DAY 6.
I had a rough weekend, ihad so much pain, 2 stitches on the left broke and i made an ER visit. I’m usually a very happy go lucky person, not an emotional person at all, but I have been very emotional and dont know why lol…So happy I am passed that lol

I am typing this right now from work…yes I felt so great I am back to work after 6 days and I feel great considering what my body has been though. I hope this gives comfort and hope to those waiting for surgery. YOU ALL GOT THIS !!!

Sending well wishes and love to all xox
Dee

4 Likes

Thanks for the update Dee. You will continue to heal, but don’t be discouraged by setbacks, which happen to us all.

Thanks for the encouragement for surgery. I will see the surgeon tomorrow for my second surgery.

Sending hugs,
BG

1 Like

please let me know how it goes, sending love and well wishes :smiley:

how are you doing lacy? I hope all is going well xox

1 Like

That’s great! And after both sides being done! I would say take it easy…I was quite emotional a few days after my surgery, I guessed it was the relief as it’s all you can think about beforehand? Gentle hugs! :bouquet:

1 Like

Going well. I over did it this afternoon. My son had some ribs dislocate at school so I drove to pick him up. Then a bit later i drove him 40 min each way to physical therapy to get them put back in. Cant stop being a mom.

3 Likes

I hope that your son soon gets better, & same for you! :bouquet:

1 Like

Lacy, that must have been scary for you! It is great that you’re already out & about after bilateral surgery! I hope you’re able to get some down time when you need it though.

Also hoping you & your son heal well & quickly!

1 Like

@Isaiah_40_31 I just had the left side done and then in 6 months we are planning to do the right.

Oops! I confused you w/ another member. Glad you’re putting space between surgeries. Mine were scheduled 6 mos apart but ended up being closer to 9 mos apart. I was glad to be pretty well healed from the first one but was suffering from some pretty severe symptoms from the second one by the time it was removed.

1 Like