My ES Journey

Today is day 7 post op! Not sure where the week went?! I have been in so much pain BUT I’m feeling ok today. Today I ate a burrito! :grin: I have occasional sharp pains in my ear, jaw and incision area and I feel weak at times when I do things like try to clean or go out but I’m making progress today! Today I have hope and see the light. I’m still using ice and pain meds are decreasing. I’m also using a wedge pillow and neck pillow to sleep. This has been the only way I can sleep comfortable so far.

3 Likes

You will have good days and bad ones. Go easy on yourself and rest when you can. Take the pain medication when you need it. I’m happy that you were able to eat a burrito, my favorite food. Keep icing when you can. Sending you lots of positive vibes.:heart:

3 Likes

Well it’s good that the week went fast, at least it didn’t drag on in a world of pain! Glad that you’re feeling a little better, keep taking it easy & taking care of yourself. God bless :pray: :bouquet: :hugs:

1 Like

Today is day 9 post op. Today was a good day I was able to function kinda normal. I have pain in my left neck at incision still and my sutures are still in tact. I feel I’m making progress every day however today I feel anxious that infection or other complications could arise for whatever reason. I was not discharged with antibiotics or steroids so my body has been working hard on its own to heal. I feel exhausted most days but again today went well.

1 Like

I would’ve thought that if you were going to get an infection, it would’ve happened by now, plus you’re less likely to get infections following external surgery, so hopefully that’ll put your mind at rest :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you :pray: I’m tired of being tired is all. Can’t wait till it passes. It’s been a journey.

1 Like

The tiredness is part of your body’s way of keeping you “down” so it can heal. As with the nerve pain, your tiredness will gradually disappear over the next one to two months. Your body knows what it needs & is communicating that to you. As it goes, you’ll get better results when you listen to it. :wink: :gift_heart:

2 Likes

Thinking of you…hope it passes soon xx

1 Like

Thank you so much. Today I’m feeling better, each day seems to bring improvement but also change in my symptoms and healing. Today I have a interesting tingling sensation underneath my tongue when I start to take a bite or drink of something on the surgery side. Still a bit sore under my jaw and swallowing.
My range of motion is improving and also have some sharp pains here and there on my surgery side.
Today is day 11 post-op and I’m tired of not feeling a 100% well but glad I am getting better slowly… I think.

1 Like

Can you email your doctor? This works faster for me. I’m so sorry for all that you are going through. It WILL get better. :heart:

Hi I am glad that you are feeling better. I wanted to ask you some questions regarding your surgery and if you don’t mi d texting or talking on the phone that would be great.
Please let me know
:blush:

1 Like

You can send a private message if you click on members avatars, & exchange phone numbers that way :smiley:

1 Like

Please private message me. Thx

To anyone who is trying to get in touch with me, please private message me. I am new to this forum and not familiar with navigating it well sorry .

Today is two weeks post-op!! I am feeling hopeful and still recovering. Lots of rest and taking things slow. Still sore.

4 Likes

Good to take it easy still, hope you’re seeing improvements :hugs: :pray:

1 Like

Update:
I’m back to work, life, balance today!! Woop woop! One surgery down and feeling like living! Excited to be back to work and doing what I love.
So thankful for my amazing surgeon Dr Damrose, he is truly an angel :yellow_heart: Dr Damrose and his Stanford team took amazing care of me during my surgery.
I’m thankful the surgery was done and id do it again. My pain and pressure from my face, neck and head are gone! Time will tell the long term results of all this but today I’m grateful and at peace with my ES Dx. I know what it is and I’m fortunate to have an amazing medical team who helped me get through this first part of my journey. Much love Dr D!

3 Likes

@1month two weeks post op

4 Likes

I’m very happy for you z

1 Like

I’m very happy for you, may your healing continue.

1 Like