New and Overwhelmed , any help appreciated

Hi All,
I suspect that I may have ES, but I have yet to get a diagnosis. I have seen an interventional neurologist who looked at my scans and said I have significant narrowing of the internal jugular vein at the styloid process. I have had contrast CT scans and an angiogram done, and I am looking for someone who specializes in ES to take a look at my scans . I am in Toronto Canada, but am willing to work with doctors in US who specialize in this. Thank you

1 Like

Hi @Reemz! Welcome to our wonderful forum! I’m sorry to learn that you have IJV compression. This is referred to as Vascular Outflow Obstruction because the IJVs are the way deoxygenated blood flows out of the brain. The internal carotid arteries take freshly oxygenated blood to the brain.

The doctor situation in your country is a bit on the sad side where ES is concerned. Fortunately, you live in one of the better areas inasmuch as it has a few doctors familiar w/ ES & who will do ES surgery. Unfortunately, I’m not sure if any of them deal with IJV compression which you noted you have.

In the US we recommend 2 doctors for vascular decompression surgery (& styloidectomy if needed): Dr. Costantino in White Plains, NY & Dr. Hepworth in Denver, CO.

•Dr Peter Costantino, 4 Westchester Park Dr, 4th floor, White Plains, (914) 517-8056
http://www.nyhni.org/find-a-physician/Peter-D-Costantino-MD,FACS

•Dr. Edward Hepworth, IMMUNOe, 3150 E 3rd Ave, Denver, CO 80206 (303) 224-4711 Edward Hepworth MD | Otolaryngology (ENT) | CommonSpirit Health

3 Likes

Thank you for this, very much appreciated! I am going to reach out to Dr. Costantino, and go from there, as NY is not too far a trip from me. Thank you again for the invite, this forum is an amazing resource.

2 Likes