New Doctor For Jugular Vein Issues

HI All. I just wanted to mention that I have been looking for doctors and have found a particular neurosurgeon very helpful. He does styloidectomy surgeries and decompresses the jugular vein if need be. I would only see him if you are having jugular vein symptoms. Dr. Peter Nakaji is his name. I think he has been mentioned on this site a couple times. I have not made a choice on surgeon yet, but he definitely believes in the diagnosis and is helpful and ordered a CTV for me. Thought I would let you all know!

2 Likes

Hi, thank you for this info. How is jugular vein compression determined? And what are the symptoms?

bmcdidiie -

If you click on the magnifying glass icon in the upper right of this page & type jugular into the search box that comes up, you’ll see links to many discussions about jugular vein compression which will be helpful in answering your question.

Thanks for the info; which hospital/ clinic is he at?
TheDude has just posted an article about latest research into IH/ jugular compression you might find interesting, here’s a link:
Da Zhou (2018): Understanding jugular venous outflow disturbance - General / Research Papers - Living with Eagle
Let us know what how you get on with your CTV!

1 Like

I just looked up Dr. Nakaji. He’s in Phoenix, AZ. I added him to our US Doctors’ List. Here’s a link to his website:

1 Like