New here, many symptoms, diagnosed with CCI and probably some jugular vein involvement

Hi

Sharing a few thoughts - hope helpful:

1. Mr Hughes can help with styloid removals. He does not deal with C1 trims or CCI so far as I know. He can help refer to other relevant experts if helpful.

2. C1 trim- I only found Mr Timothy in Leeds (private at Nuffield) who would do C1 trim in UK. He is a spinal surgeon. Unsure if are others who can help in UK.

3. CCI- options in Uk are very limited. London has Chiro practice doing upper cervical adjustments, but they adjust below not at C1. Newport Chiropractic in Shropshire is only Atlas Orthagonal expert in UK who adjusts at C1 level. The only NUCCA chiropractor in UK sadly stopped practice a few years ago. Most of these expert chiropractors seem to be in US/Canada but a few in Europe I think. Travelling can in my experience make it harder to hold the adjustments.

There are a few instability physio experts who study/help CCI- one at Physiocure in Leeds and one by Wellington Hospital in London. Both worth trying to see for CCI help.

Getting fusion is very difficult in UK. Mr Timothy did my C1/C2 fusion. There is a practice in Barcelona that I heard EDS patients with instability use for fusion.

National Neurological hospital do not offer fusion so far as I am aware, which is very disappointing. I hope this will change in future.

It’s very difficult to have to hunt for help across UK and wider that CCI/VES patients need but that is the reality we face at this time.

Hope you find the help you need. D

3 Likes

Thank you for posting all this information, @PatientD. I know it will be helpful for many of our members in the UK & beyond.

2 Likes