I am currently not diagnosed. I’ve seen a few posts here in regards to health anxiety and how all of their symptoms freaked them out and made them believe they may possibly have cancer etc.
I was told I have TMJ by an ENT who spent like 5 minutes with me and really didn’t do much else.
My diagnosis journey is unfortunately not as easy as everyone else as I am currently pregnant and have only begun to have symptoms arising more during this pregnancy. I can’t get the CT scan I need unfortunately at the moment. The only sort of scans I have are regular X-rays from my chiropractor around July of 2021. I am fully convinced I may have ES vs TMJ.
Symptoms I’ve experienced:
- left sided only jaw pain
- left sided only ear pain
- neck pain
- left sided swallowing difficulty
- feeling of something stuck in throat left sided only
- left sided facial tingling / tongue numbness off and on
- burning mouth
- headaches on left side behind eye and temple
- C1 + C2 “atlas out of place” per my chiropractor every single time I see them yet they are no help.
- Weird pain by my left tonsil area which I can feel a hard sort of projection back there.
- not sure if I can actually feel my styloid but when trying to find pain relief and rubbing my jaw and “under neck area” I can feel a sharp pointy bone on my left side back by what I would consider is the corner of my jaw but under my chin area?
I hope I’m making sense as this whole thing has been just so annoying and worrisome. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! I have reached out to Caring Medical with Dr. Hauser as I am located in Florida but they also suggested waiting until baby is here (Due July) so I can get scans done.
I suppose my fear is waiting for scans when I may possibly have something other than ES? But I truly feel like I fit so many of the boxes for this despite the “rare” diagnosis.