Request for 3D CT

I am seeing my PCP tomorrow and I will be requesting her to order me a 3D CT. I have a few questions about this.

1). Do I ask her to get the CT scan I already had reconstructed to 3D or an entirely new scan done?

2). If she orders them to be reformatted or if I get a new scan, how does she ask the radiologist to hone in on the styloid process and adjacent structures?

My PCP knows nothing of Eagle syndrome...she had never heard of it when she called to give me the results of my CT scan which showed elongated styloids. I was going to print a picture of a 3D CT scan which shows Eagles syndrome to explain it to her. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thank you so much.

I think that the scan you had done should be able to be looked at 3D with the software- unless you think there might have been changes since then. A good idea to take a picture with you! As long as she asks for the styloid processes to be measured, and to check for calcification of the stylohyoid ligaments, the radiologist should know what to look for, I think. I have to say though that I've not had a 3D CT myself- it's only what I've read! Hope you get on okay, let us know!