Spoke to surgeons assistant today

Ok so doing some ceiling painting after my surgery (6 wks) was not a good idea. Doc thinks because he removed styloid issue, any problem I have is not related to the ES.
Said its muscle/skeletal and see someone for that. Hmmm why does my ear hurt? There’s nerve issues going on.

Hi Ivy,

The first time I had face pain it happened when I was stenciling up along my wall by the cieling. 25 years later, last week, they removed my styloid process on that side. I have had a failed MVD surgery.

My thought, after several surgeries in various places is that only the initial healing happens in the first six weeks. I have found that it takes nearly a year for healing to completely happen, you could have strained something.

I hope you continue healing and get past the pain.

Hope

Yes, I think Doc's office is off base! Feeling better today after lots of ice and heat rotated as needed.

As the strain in my neck feels better, so does the ear pain and other odd issues I blamed on the ES.

I think its true that the nerves and surgery site can be irritated. If I pushed on the side of my neck under the ear, it was really sore!

Moral of the story.....DO NOT DO ANY WORK OVER THE HEAD AFTER SURGERY!!

ALSO…..Moral of the story….DON'T DO WORK THAT REQUIRES PUSHING,PULLING, LIFTING OR BENDING AFTER SURGERY!!!

I found that these actions cause ache and pain to return to my jaw and face.

Ivy said:

Yes, I think Doc's office is off base! Feeling better today after lots of ice and heat rotated as needed.

As the strain in my neck feels better, so does the ear pain and other odd issues I blamed on the ES.

I think its true that the nerves and surgery site can be irritated. If I pushed on the side of my neck under the ear, it was really sore!

Moral of the story.....DO NOT DO ANY WORK OVER THE HEAD AFTER SURGERY!!