Styloid surgery & diabetes

My wife has met with an otolaryngology surgeon who is prepared to operate to shorten her styloids. The surgery has yet to be scheduled. In anticipating this surgery, & - in particular - the initial period of recovery, she has concenrs about managing her blood sugar levels while she is unable to ingest food. She is also concenred about the risk of infection, heightened by her compromised immune system. The surgeon acknowledges that she will need to remain in hospital until she is able to manage her blood sugar levels. She has been insulin dependent for 26 years.

We would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had experience with this & who may have suggestions or cautions for us to consider.

With thanks...

David.

I can't help you,but I do wish you both the best. I hope someone else will be able to be of some assistance.

I don't have diabetes, so I can't give you input on that - but I just wanted to mention that after my 3 Eagle's surgeries, I've been able to ingest food pretty much right away. I kept it soft for a day or two, but it was still normal food.

heidemt said:

I don't have diabetes, so I can't give you input on that - but I just wanted to mention that after my 3 Eagle's surgeries, I've been able to ingest food pretty much right away. I kept it soft for a day or two, but it was still normal food.

heidemt said: