Surgery experience with Dr. Annino in Boston

Our son has felt great until yesterday. He felt some nerve stuff prior- but it was short lived. Yesterday, however, he said he had pain behind his right eye. It moved to the left today. He took a Tylenol and said it felt better. I am hoping it was just due to sinus and barometric pressure.

Quick question, he said the jaw, throat, and ear pain is better- but his shoulder pain is there and his trapezius area and scapula area still feels tight. He said he moved his shoulders and back a bit this morning and it popped a ton.

Have people exhibited symptoms like that with ES? His right side of definitely long. It measured 5.8 cm. We do not know if it is wrapped with nerves or not.

Should we have a CT with contrast before pursuing surgery to the other side. Dr. Annino said to wait on the right side and see how having the left being removed affects him. He is happy to do the removal of the other side if symptoms persist, but I just do not know.

Our son is not convinced that ES could cause this type of issue in his upper back and shoulders. I told him I thought it could- he is not convinced.
All I know to do is request an MRI or something like that to rule out something else. Thank you for your help!

By the way, we have requested all our dental Pan X-rays. My husband’s styloids were visible, one on our daughter’s was, one on our 16 year old was, my adopted daughter’s were not visible at all, neither were mine. Our 23 year old’s does not seem visible either. I will post them for your enjoyment. Just researching the possibility of genetics/ heredity.