Surgery Is Complete! Dr. Annino is Amazing!

Someone once compared them to mini-elephant tusks. :rofl:

Jonk,
Do hope to hear that you are over the hump soon. Keep resting. I wll consider the zero gravity chair, if I have to travel for surgery. I have been putting off surgery for years because I was hoping my shoulder or my neck was the problem. Neck may still be the problem, but cannot find any definite problem, but styloid were 3.1 cm and 5.1 cm 2 years ago. The 3.1 cm one was after a 2.7 cm resection. It is now 2 years later and the styloid is now poking in my soft palate again. Have no clue how long the 5.1 cm one is now. All I know is the 3.1 cm one hurts in my ear and sometimes my throat. Acid reflux is back and stomach issues that went away when I had it resected. 5 years ago. The Vagus nerve runs to the stomach on the left side. Every time my ear hurt, I felt like I had a stomach ulcer. The long one is now stabbing me, and ear pain is minimal, but I can feel it like something sticking in my throat. Need the neck PT for all the stiffness, but we have to be careful not to break the styloids. UGH. So glad, you have had the surgery. Now just take time to recover and wait for all the nerves to calm down. It takes longer than we want it to, for sure. Keeping you in my thoughts for relief soon.

How are you doing, JonK, now that you’re approaching a month out from surgery?
Hopefully you’re feeling much better & noticing some resolution of your ES symptoms. Please update us!

:blush:

Hey Emma,
Wow that is a long time to be uncomfortable. Sure hate that it grew back and has now come back full circle to say the least. That is very scary!!! The Vagus nerve sounds awful… Hopefully you can get it redone more permanently this time. Yes the chair was a life saver.

Isaiah/Emma,
I have to say the ES pain is so much better but getting my energy back is incredibly slow and the nerves have been fairly consistent. When they wake up you surely know it, however nothing major. Just cant believe how weak I have been. Being back at work this weak sure isn’t fun but got to pay the bills! No doubt everyone was correct, Patience!!!

Totally agree on the energy front, JonK! It was a good 2 months after surgery before I started having days that felt “normal”! Keep taking care of you as time allows!

How are you feeling now? What were your symptoms before and now? Also, what was your deciding factor for Annino vs Cognetti? Just wondering how to decide!