Surgery with Dr Samji 5/9/22

I had surgery with Dr Samji on my right styloid yesterday. My husband and I traveled to San Jose from Nashville. We made the best of the weekend and went to San Francisco and Big Sur.

I am doing much better than I expected. My pain and swelling is minimal. It has been a bit painful to cough but that is improving. My throat felt swollen when I got up this morning but I immediately took my prednisone and pain medication. I still have my bandage on so I haven’t seen the incision. I don’t know if I am ready to see it yet. Dr Samji and his team were awesome. From my experience so far, he is an incredible doctor and surgeon. He is very thorough. I have little dots all around my neck and shoulders where they monitored my nerves during surgery. I don’t know how long my styloid was but he did tell me it was oddly shaped after surgery. I will know more after my post op appointment on Friday. Right now I feel like everything has been best case.

6 Likes

A huge congratulations for being on the other side of surgery! I’m so happy for you that this is the start of a new beginning for you!!! Thank you for letting us know how you are doing! Will you be staying there for a few days or traveling home soon? I so glad to hear about the good experience you have had thus far and will continue to keep you in my thoughts!

2 Likes

Keep us updated! Glad you’re on the other side.

3 Likes

Yes, we are staying till my post op on Friday then we fly home. If all goes well with recovery from this surgery we will do the left side in late July or early August. Dr Samji said we will make that determination at my 6w post op. He doesn’t want to rush anything. I am so incredibly happy that I found him through this site!

3 Likes

Just wondering, but did you see any doctors in Nashville. I just left an appointment at Vanderbilt with ENT cancer surgeon. He is going to remove my right styloid in one month. It is hard to know what to do.
Thanks

2 Likes

@Cody Yes, I did. I actually saw a Dr at Vanderbilt. I felt like he was dismissive and I just didn’t feel comfortable with him performing the surgery. I wanted someone well experienced in Eagle Syndrome. I had a completely different level of comfort with Dr Samji when I spoke with him. I felt like it was worth the travel cost / etc. What are your concerns with the Dr you are seeing in Nashville?

1 Like

@Cody & @meregehrke ~ You might want to make your discussion a private conversation. One or the other of you can click on the screen name (of the other person) or avatar above a post & that will take you to a place where you can discuss your doctor experiences in greater detail than on the forum.

1 Like

So pleased that your surgery has gone well! And great that you could do a bit of sightseeing before the surgery :grinning: Praying for swift healing :pray: :hugs: :bouquet:

2 Likes

I did the same. Dr Samji was my hero. So skilled with great people skills. :blush:. Happy healing

2 Likes